The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

@rpasichnyk what exactly would you like screenshots of?

Maybe this could help, when viewing a ride log, there is a dropdown menu. There you can control whether to show combined data or individual data.

@rpasichnyk yes I’m very familiar with that and use it all the time. What I’m saying is that for some records, the options are not there. So for example:

This ride: Apr 26, 2024 - metr.at | Gom2T was recorded on a 4WD board on one phone and does not show the individual ESCs. This ride: May 1, 2024 - metr.at | 4yhaU was recorded on the same board but with a different phone and both phones have exactly the same Metr settings and the individual ESCs show up.

It is not just me. This ride: May 1, 2024 - metr.at | EWJb5 was recorded by a friend of mine on a different board and he also used to see individual ESCs in his records and now does not.

Something seems to have changed somewhere.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk any plans one bringing to pixel watch?

Are you referring to the Metr app? The Android Wear app should already run on it, right?

1 Like

Yeah, metr app. I think the new pixel watch, Google pixel watch 2, is different than the old android watch so the app doesn’t work on it

1 Like

I’m not sure what the difference would be. Both the Pixel Watch 1 and 2 run Wear OS 4. I also have a Galaxy Watch 4 running Wear OS 4 and it does run the Metr app fine.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk more detail on the above. The guy that created the third record I posted above, recorded a ride today and this time it shows both ESCs separately. Apparently he has changed nothing on his phone. So the behavior seems somewhat intermittent.

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk have you been able to look into what I reported above? I have a case now where on one of my phones where I previously had no issues, it is randomly logging either only all the ESCs together or the separate ESCs. For example:

This log: May 12, 2024 - metr.at | uuVib and this log: May 10, 2024 - metr.at | A32ZM don’t show the individual ESCs but this one: Apr 22, 2024 - metr.at | QIJyN does. All were recorded on the same board and same phone.

This seems very random and I am seeing the same behavior for other boards and other phones that belong to other people.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t have time to look deeper into it. But I have some ideas about the cause of this problem. Can you please share diagnostic log files for the days the records were made? (May 10, Apr 22). Navigate to Settings → Show Logs. Please send them to roman@voyagesystems.eu. This will help me a lot to investigate this issue.

1 Like

Thank you for the diagnostic logs, I inspected them and found the issue. It is unfortunately possible to press Start record button even before VESC count detection is complete. The detection usually takes just a few seconds, but I imagine it is still possible to start a record if you are quick. I am fixing it and will release an updated version soon. In the mean time you can use the following workaround:

Each time before starting a record, please navigate to Expert tab and check that you have both of your VESCs there, the is also a status label in the bottom with the current progress, wait until the configuration for all VESCs is read. Then proceed to Records tab and press Start.

1 Like

Hi Roman. Thanks for the quick response. I’m not sure this is the problem because when this started happening, I did exactly that - I would go to Expert and see all the ESCs there as well as in the real-time screen where it would say “dual” or “quadro” (I was also seeing this problem with one of my 4WD boards). Also, I’m not usually that fast to start recording after the initial connection. In any case, until you have a fix I’ll do this every time and see if the problem still happens. I’ll also get some of my customers to do the same.

1 Like