The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

Same on my iPhone 8. Thought it was normal?

1 Like

I am too over a month

mine did come finally. yours will too. good luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all i get some difficulties to make my metr pro works again.
Can anyone help me please ?

I think it is a vesc firmware problem but i will describe it:
I have dual vesc flipsky hw 4.12
I have update the vesc firmware to 3.62
Vesc tool version is 1.25.

I reach to make Bluetooth metr pro works before but i don’t remember which firmware (standard or custom) i have uses.
Since i have update metr pro firmware and apps to the latest and it doesn’t work :frowning:
My phone connect to metr pro but Green light is flashing (uart connection problem ?)
So no data display on phone, connection is ok and when i try to send à mode setting, app shows message error firmware <2.18 .

Does someone can help please ?
Thank

1 Like

I made the modification because i have broke the previous vesc connected.
I replace the vesc now

1 Like

Didn’t see this in the thread and want others to learn from my ignorance. It may be common knowledge but it kicked my ass.

If you are adjusting Deadband through a metr mode, make sure to convert your percentage to a decimal.

Took me writing in metr and reading in VESC tool to see my error. 5 on metr was 500% on vesc tool.

No wonder my changes were bricking the VX2.

5 Likes

hi guys, i am looking at getting the metr pro with no antenna, what is the signal like with it in a enclosure compared to the one with the antenna ? can the antenna be added later on if needs be ?

thanks !!

1 Like

Hi @Osis i use metr pro w/o an antenna and do not experience any connectivity issues. however it may depend on what your board and enclosure are constructed with.

https://metr.at/faq#q33

Is it possible to change external/internal antenna afterwards?

Yes, it is possible but requires some good soldering skills. You need to resolder the 0402 capacitor near the u.FL connector in a different position to change between internal PCB antenna and external antenna.

For Metr Pro UNITY module changing to external antenna is much more difficult, because capacitor is tiny and antenna connector is missing.

1 Like

Hi @wandagoner thanks for the reply, the deck is a 14ply trampa, and enclosure will have a layer of fibreglass followed by a layer of carbon fibre,
I will be mounting to dongle as close to the edge of the enclosure as possible.

Im in the same boat. New carbon deck with fiberglass enclosure. Pcb antenna. Fingers crossed!!

1 Like

@Soflo yea hopefully haha, got it on order now, so time will tell. :thinking::roll_eyes:

Wondering if there is a fix for this, I think something is happening with my motor detection, I dont think it’s a metr issue. After detection and setting my motor direction correctly then power cycling, motors flip direction for some reason. I fix this by adding the parameter in meter to my mode that allows to reverse motor direction, however this messes with my logs, any one know how I could rectify this?

i don’t know if it has been removed but i seen on the metr site under setup there is a app to link to a Android watch, where can i find the app to do this ?

thanks !! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can we have rolling recording so that we can see what happened in the last 5 or 10 or 30 minutes. This would especially be useful for knowing what caused a crash, if you are not always recording.

@rpasichnyk?

1 Like

The watch counterpart is embedded in main app. If you have Android Wear OS watch paired to your phone, it should be available

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk i see, this is where i must of got confused. i went and got a Samsung watch as of knowing it links with samsung stuff and not knowing there is another type of watch out there. :frowning:

ps. i placed a order for the non external antenna pcb with you. :slight_smile:

being able to redo motor detection on the unity with metr app got me through my trip today. thanks guys.

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk I’m in need to restore my phone but don’t want to loose all the records, if I copy them using iTunes and copy them back after reinstalling, will everything work?