The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

no.

:skateboard:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I disabled CAN forwarding and you are right that both units are still visible.

I guess I got an old module without encryption, but most functions seem to work.

I am trying to do some PID tuning on the balance app. Is it possible to add tabs in future releases? Right now you have to scroll down forever to get to those functions.

1 Like

Anyone run into the issue where the battery readout is stuck at 100% but everything else seems to be working normally ??

I’m addition not sure why the map just has my ride as a straight line not sure what happened there… any ideas.

@rpasichnyk

Thanks for any tips/ advice.

1 Like

for context, can you describe your battery pack

1 Like

Of course. 12s6p 40T d140
Charge only BMS. Built by @BluPenguin although when he gave it to me I blew the BMS by dropping the charge port on it. So replaced it.

EDIT: it could be my unity’s fault… it seems to be crying. Not sure if that could be why the metr is also struggling with things.

Check metr app -> Settings -> Battery.
Change Voltage S to 12 (you probably have it set to 10)

Go to iOS preferences -> Location -> metr.at -> Always Allow (you probably have it on “Only when using”). This should fix your straight line location issue.

1 Like

One thing that I noticed on my Samsung S8 is that I need to lock screen rotation. If not the lay-out gets messed up after flipping the phone to landscape and back to portrait.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m dumb and that did the trick.

2 Likes

Same on my iPhone.

@rpasichnyk is there a way to revert to older firmware on iOS?

For some reason I’m getting firmware errors when trying to go into expert mode or even set write the mode

Any suggestions would be great. Or anyone else that’s seen this.

1 Like

I have several questions. I appreciate having the experts here to ask.

1. The app says my unit is connected but the blue and green lights are flashing. Before I realized there was an issue I told it to upgrade the firmware. It was been stuck on downloading new firmware 0% for a half hour. I assume I can, despite the warning, interrupt the process?

2. After a bit of searching I found that I have to go into the VESC tool and turn on PPM & UART. I am assuming that is my problem (maybe add that to the startup guide?)

3. I used Ackmaniac originally. Is that acceptable or do I have to switch back to standard VESC firmware?

2 Likes

You need ppm and uart enabled at the correct baud rate 115200.

Ackmaniac will be fine.

1 Like

Can someone confirm if Wh/km in recorded logs are combined for both motors, or it is value calculated per motor?

How accurate is it?

Thanks

@ahrav now way to revert to older firmware. Do you have any readings on realtime screen?

@bourbon_norm if 0% is not moving for like a minute, then it’s stuck. Force close application and try to repeat upgrade. Yes UART should be enabled, will check if we have it in setup guide. Both Ackmaniac and standard firmware are supported.

@EreTroN Wh/km is combined. It is not perfectly accurate since it’s calculated dynamically. But should be pretty close to the real value.

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk yes the real-time screen is all 0s it only says that it’s connected but that’s about it.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk can we order these to the US yet?

1 Like

Pretty sure they have always shipped worldwide?

i think the challenge with shipping is c-19 related and Jeremy is validating before ordering to avoid discovering shipping challenges after the fact

2 Likes

@wandagoner is correct. @rpasichnyk asked people to not order If they were in the US until further notice. I heard shipping has resumed, but I want to make sure we are good before I place an order

1 Like

Shipping to US is still very slow, tracking numbers not updated for a long time. Not sure when this all ends, we are thinking about having more expensive (but fast) shipping option, for example DHL. However it will cost about €50 just for shipping.

2 Likes