The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

i tried playing with the UART on both sides but nothing seems to make a difference… ill have another look at it in a bit

any way to check we have got this update before we start flashing hardware?

1 Like

Yes, power on your Metr Pro, go to metr app -> Settings -> click on blue gear, check Metr Pro FW version. You probably have something like 4.19/4.20 there. If you want to use VESC FW 5.0, Metr Pro firmware should also be 5.0 (beta)

1 Like

so the og metr is finally coming to the end of the long road… since it doesn’t have user-upgradeable firmware, it will never be vesc 5.0+ compatible?

og metr is still alive and should work with FW5.0. It never had programmable firmware, that is right. But it does not analyse traffic, just sends it back and forth. Actually we are thinking about deprecating it at some point, since a lot of features in the app simply do not work with it and it becomes a maintenance nightmare more and more. Maybe next year.

4 Likes

Would be possible to just lock it to a old version of the app? Don’t know how apple deal with that, but I plan to keep my Metr og for a long time :grin:

1 Like

Sure but it will be your responsibility not to update the app!

1 Like

@rpasichnyk so after all the disconnections Following you advise I ran a BT analyser on the metr pro that keeps disconnection finds the small aural one in my other board in 2 seconds it can not fined the unity one?

Only thing google searches tell me is if the signel is to week I might not show up.

Any thing els to try? I’m kind of leaning towards a faulty metr pro is the only thing left.

Do you have original UNITY BLE module? How does that one work?

That’s the one that keep disconnecting and is not found by the BT analyser

I mean Enertion BLE module that came from the factory?

Never used it

1 Like

I think you can try using it and see if your fiberglass enclosure is a problem

There’s a lot of deck out there useing fibreglass enclosures I’d say most. Carbon fiber is known to reduce signal strength not glass fiber and I have the issue when the case is open

If you believe your module is faulty, we can of course replace it.

Had again play and the app found it This time This is from 30cm away shin height from the deck other deck is about a meter away For comparison.

For some reason the unity one is very temperamental of been found other one is found every time no issues.

Walked around the hose all fine sat down with phone next to the board for a few minutes and I get these notifercations. When are thay triggered is it module disconnection from the VESC or module disconnection from the the BT devise?

@rpasichnyk I might have missed it but can you post pictures to show the different sized antenna? I need to know their dimensions.

the one i got is 8mm diameter and approximately 44mm long

i can’t promise that you’ll get the same antenna with your order. i suspect any 2.4ghz antenna with a u.fl connector will work in it’s place

1 Like

So that’s the small antenna? That is quite compact.
@rpasichnyk is there a % on how much better the antenna versions are compared to PCB antenna? By better I mean stronger signal.
I don’t understand how any of this works so pardon me if this is a silly question :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

this isn’t apples to apples but still gives you a rough estimate on how things are.

2 Likes