The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

What phone are you using? I have only seen this problem on Huawei phones.

Xiaomi mi8, kinda cousins phone.

Will try to find Xiaomi to test with, but I bet if you try with some other phone, it will work

1 Like

you have won the bet

1 Like

I’m having this weird behavior on my Metr Pro Unity where it maintains connection until I hit the throttle or brake on my Hoyt puck.

Is it possible its EMF related? My BLE module sits close to my motors.

What is your UNITY firmware? Might be this issue:

1 Like

Well that sure was simple. Guess my Unity was on old firmware. I downloaded it direct through the android app to 23.44 and am now up and running. thank you

Has anyone had any occurrances where the Metr side of the ESC will turn off and not appear anymore?

The other side stays on, but Metr side turns off or stops responding. Only solution is to power the board off and on again

This is very untested, I haven’t tried troubleshooting much yet

1 Like

Thanks heaps for posting this

1 Like

I’ve been trying to find this answer… what’s the default pairing PIN for the Metr Pro?

The Pin for your metr is on the metr itself. Everyones got a different Pin.

4 Likes

I pulled a board out of storage that I haven’t used for 3 months. Metr is not working correctly but the yellow exclamation point says I can upgrade from version 5.19 to 5.26 - Not sure if I updated Android since it was last working (I probably did). When I hit ‘upgrade’ it says “please don’t interrupt the process jumping into bootloader” that stays at 0% and then the operation times out. After it times out, the Metr Pro is disconnected and relaunching the app restores the connection. I have tried it a dozen times and ensured that I have a solid internet connection with the phone. What should I try next?

Make sure your Android app is up to date. Else try a different phone.

This happened to me a while ago, and then eventually I tried it again and it worked. I think my app had updated a few times and the firmware version had also changed. Not really sure why it worked but here we are.

Thanks for the suggestions @xsynatic! I was having problems on my Samsung S8+ so I checked and it is as up-to-date as possible (Android 9). I grabbed a Google Pixel 2 that I use exclusively with my Mavic Pro 2, installed the Metr app and was able to update the Metr Pro on the very first try! Now it appears to be working with either phone. I am stoked to get this working again!

1 Like

Hello really interested in this what’s the best bms and Bluetooth module / GPS module not sure What hardware to get for this thank you

Yeah, one of our guys has the same. Weird. It mostly happens when uploading expert settings, one side just dies until power cycle. It also happens after leaving the board idle for a while.

1 Like

Yeah! That’s exactly what happens to me too. Writing the expert settings is like 50/50 chance of it working

This happened. I just solder it back on, yes?

Guess it’s not an easy fix. Because it is a coax cable it has to be soldered on two spots, one the signal in the core and the shielding outside.

Probably easier to buy a new u.FL to SMA adapter

1 Like