The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

I think you can try using it and see if your fiberglass enclosure is a problem

There’s a lot of deck out there useing fibreglass enclosures I’d say most. Carbon fiber is known to reduce signal strength not glass fiber and I have the issue when the case is open

If you believe your module is faulty, we can of course replace it.

Had again play and the app found it This time This is from 30cm away shin height from the deck other deck is about a meter away For comparison.

For some reason the unity one is very temperamental of been found other one is found every time no issues.

Walked around the hose all fine sat down with phone next to the board for a few minutes and I get these notifercations. When are thay triggered is it module disconnection from the VESC or module disconnection from the the BT devise?

@rpasichnyk I might have missed it but can you post pictures to show the different sized antenna? I need to know their dimensions.

the one i got is 8mm diameter and approximately 44mm long

i can’t promise that you’ll get the same antenna with your order. i suspect any 2.4ghz antenna with a u.fl connector will work in it’s place

1 Like

So that’s the small antenna? That is quite compact.
@rpasichnyk is there a % on how much better the antenna versions are compared to PCB antenna? By better I mean stronger signal.
I don’t understand how any of this works so pardon me if this is a silly question :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

this isn’t apples to apples but still gives you a rough estimate on how things are.

2 Likes

Oh that’s exactly what I am looking for, thx!
Sorry I missed that. Franck is a party pooper though, shame he doesn’t get the point sometimes given how knowledgeable he is.
Thanks again @hexakopter for that test!

I would still like to know the length of the metr pro big antenna if possible?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thank You! :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Just bought one (well another one actually :laughing:)
Cheers Guys!

5 Likes

hey, any updates on shipping to the US?

1 Like

thanks, for the bad news :confused:

heh. I’m right there with you. ordered mine the day before I started that giveaway and now my only joy is watching @xsynatic post about using his. :smiley:

5 Likes

hey maybe you wanna sell this horrible no good poo poo device? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@rpasichnyk this metr log didn’t upload correctly, there was some timeout error. Can you please delete so I can re-upload? Currently clicking upload in the metr app does nothing to update it.

1 Like

Done, please reupload

Btw, you can remove records from the server using the account page

3 Likes

Here’s a log for you :slight_smile: The maiden voyage v2

5 Likes