The Conqueror e-MTB | Samsung 12s6p 30Q | Dual TB 6380 - 170kv | Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 Plus | 1:3 Spur Gear | Hybrid

Wiring up balance leads, still need to figure out how to wire the charge port but until then this is what I got. Gonna quadruple check that the leads are going to the correct spot.

20190815_154250

Now all I have to do is fix one of the motor and put everything in place then im all done besides cleaning up the board’s look. I hope it charges correctly to 100%. It was around 38v and now it is at 42.2v in a matter of like 10 minutes but it has slowed down. When turning charger off it drops down 0.4v may just be the wired volt meter since I checked with my actaul volt meter and it is varying but typically a little below it.

1 Like

Not only is my motor can fucked from doing nothing, but now my mount keeps coming loose, and this drive is completely fucked. I used Loctite 242 on all screws and let it cure. All screws seemed to well tight, the only ones that were affected were the mounting ones and the motor gear ones.

2 Likes

With what time I had on my board I started at 90% and ended at 73% and went 6.5 miles, estimates 38 miles, I rode hard at least half the time, lots of accelerations, large hills, though this was with one motor so easy to say I will at least get 30+ miles with 2 motors only had it on 30A max though. These numbers make me happy.

Maybe the bolts just were not tight enough bro?

dude. how is your Flipsky Dual FSESC 6.6 plus treating you? I have one in in the mail and looking for some testimonials.

Guess you already got yours, but I didn’t have much time to really make an opinion besides that it was working.

Changing up the design, ESC moved to the back, going to add some neoprene foam under the ESC case and double sided tape it up to help with any vibrations. Got some waterproof grommets but I am not in possession of a large enough drill bit. Drilled as large of a hole as I could but I will be widening it with whatever method possible. Though I won’t be riding in water or rain much yet until I get my hands on pneumatics, so it isn’t a priority. Holes large enough to fit the wires will do for now.

The main problem is I have been waiting all this time for new motors. TB should be getting to returning a new pair soon. Hopefully I get the motors next week and get this baby back on the road.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have 2 of them running. both on 10s batteries with the flipsky 6384 Motors.
So far so good.

I outta just revamp the build up, I’m thinking after I make a 2nd board using regular urethane wheels, switch this to haero bro deck, mbs oil slicks, etoxx 1:5, and pneumatics (planned but 1:3 ratio not good for offroad), and maybe as5047 sensors just to try them out.

Finally got the replacement motors, wasn’t much to add here but redone final product. Had done a test ride without the gear covers (too much work), one of the mounts came loose, and so did motor gear and keyway fell out, so im running 1 without a keyway and using grub screw on flat side of shaft, hopefully it works. I ended up putting red 271 loctite on motor mount (added a bit extra just to make sure it will hold, gonna wait 48-72 hours) Hopefully it will hold this time and not come loose again otherwise I will be pissed that I will have to take everything apart again. Gained some weight, deck way too flexy, major speed wobbles on full green dampa, front inner, rear outer. I changed to rear blue outer, front green outer. Really need to get the haero deck. When using the vx1, on fastest red mode, full throttle doesn’t work, must slowly throttle to speed up, other 2 modes can be full throttled.

Hopefully I don’t have to take it apart again.

2 Likes

So waited 24hr for loctite to cure, and so far, I didn’t have any issue with anything coming loose finally. Gonna go on a long ride to test its reliability, was able to it 30mph but wobbles kick in, mainly bc of flex I think. I need to get some mbs bindings. I rode a short distance and my feet got a little more pain than my hub board usually does to my feet. Not sure why. Bindings are good for acceleration but cruising, eh. Hopefully my board doesnt need more maintenance.

1 Like

Let’s hope you don’t strip the screws if you want to take everything apart some day :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

BT module went crazy, now it isn’t connecting. Was messing around with my ESC trying to downgrade firmware to see if that would fix the bt module, guess something happened, now there is a red light. And master esc is not connecting via usb to computer. But slave esc will. So I have no clue what this problem is, but I am a hair away from just buying a damn unity. (I was planning on it for a 2nd build but, for use right now while I fix my damn flipsky and get 2nd build going, all the more reason.)

this is usb plugged into master esc

1 Like

Well I pulled the trigger on a unity really quick. I ordered it at like 2 am. It arrived at 6pm, resoldered wires, set it up in no time. And, the unity isn’t thermal throttling unlike the flipsky. Me likey. I wish I waited just a bit longer on purchasing an esc but flipsky was my best bet at the time besides a used unity or such. Wasn’t on amazon yet. Gear drive is surprisingly quiet. It is a bit high pitched but, it’ll make you look. Free roll is real quiet. Only on throttle is it loud like a ferrari. Wh/mi at nearly full throttle everywhere I can I am getting 20 wh/mi over 6 miles. Est. ~35mile range since I only have about 700 usable wh (charger won’t fully charge to 100%, maybe 50v or so, then drops down to 90% battery over a little bit, only would make a difference of 4 miles of range in the end and a possiblity overvolting while braking at full battery and helps prolong battery a bit more. Battery at half and feels as if it is full power, little sag. The gummies feel actually quite nice, they could be better but still. I feel more confident at speed on my meepo than this board but limited to 25 mph this is okay to handle. I blame the deck. Gummies carves really nice and man the grip, somehow when you are moving you can make some hard turns at speed that I usually wouldn’t.

5 Likes

Well took like 20+ miles of hard riding before my mount came loose. Was red loctited. Gonna have to take the gear drive apart again… at least it’s only 2 sets of screws to get to the mount.

3 Likes