The Circuit Board | Moon Gears | Sender/Hummie Deck | 10s5p | Dual 6374 | Unity [All Comments Welcome]

Thanks for the input! How do 6x2 tires do for street riding?

2 Likes

Damn, was hoping this thread popped back up cuz you’re selling it.
Be more like @CiscoV please
Nice build dude!

4 Likes

They do really well. I was worried the square profile would feel off to me riding it but I can’t tell much of a difference.

@PedroMcJimenez, my neighbor asked me the other day how much it cost me to build it and how much I’d sell it for :thinking:

If my other board wasn’t in maintenance mode, I might have done it. It’d still live across the street for me.

3 Likes

That’s awesome, wish I had a neighbor that likes to ride.
Only problem selling it to him, is you’ll probably still have to fix it.

3 Likes

And if it blows up, he knows where you live

6 Likes

So weird, I’ve put like 50 miles on mine already and no issues. Have the clever tires gotten worse wh/mi for you so far?

Not noticeably no. I’ve only gone on a dozen rides with it and they’ve all been within the normal range I got on bergs. I keep them pretty inflated as well and I kept the bergs on a lower psi.

2 Likes

What are you clocking in at? I did a 16 mile ride yesterday slamming hills with a little bit of light offroad and managed to average 24wh/mile

1 Like

Seems spot on. Anywhere from 18-24 wh/mi is what I consider the normal range for me depending on ride and weather.

2 Likes

Had some weirdness happen the other day…

It was unseasonably warm so I asked my neighbor if he wanted to ride. He prefers the circuit board because it doesn’t have bindings so I went to charge it up.

When I plugged in my normal charger, the light stayed green. This board has been sitting in my garage for a month or 2 with no riding but it was at ~85% charge when I hung it up. I plugged in a second, slower charger and it still stayed green. I plugged in another 10s board and both chargers began charging. Unity app and volt meter displayed 40.9V (10s pack) and I figured the charge fuse blew or something.

While I was messing with the circuit board, I noticed a clicking sound on one wheel. It was Christmas eve and I had no time so I left it.

Today I tore the clicking wheel gear drive down and noticed a wheel bearing starting to fail and the seal dad loose. Easy fix. Put everything back together and clicking gone :ok_hand:

Just for shits, I plugged in a charger again and it turned red / started charging!

7 Likes

Maybe your chargers are stopping too soon / don’t trigger at that high of a voltage. Strange…

Had a charge line fuse holder that gave me intermittent charging issues. Changed a bms before realizing the real issue.

1 Like

It has one of those and I suspect it may be the culprit. Good advice.

It’s back up to 42V!

6 Likes

Linky linky, Mr. Stinky? Just came into possession of some Bergendorfersteins.

5 Likes

$5.19 for a tire and tube is like a flaccid penis… unbeatable

12 Likes

I KNEW you had hidden cams in my whack shack!

Thanks for the link, dude.

4 Likes

Someone is interested in my circuit board… might be sold soon :confused:

I feel bad, I don’t ride it nearly as much as it deserves. I just love bindings and offroading too much to give it up. It’s definitely the sexiest board I’ve ever built but I hate seeing it ridden so infrequently.

6 Likes

NOOOOOOO!

(Is nice. Much regret.)

4 Likes

She’s sold ladies and gentleman. Almost 2 years exactly from the day of completion.

Going to a good home and a deserving human though.

7 Likes

that board is a real masterpiece. So sad you let her go, Justin, but a man must do what a man must do :cowboy_hat_face: :sunglasses:

5 Likes