The Carver... My final frontier

Dat’s a LowBoy Raph!!!

:eye: :eye: :dash:

3 Likes

Do you have any riser/rubber pad? That’s low, but that’s the Haero’s specialty. Inner holes should raise it up a bit, but I thinks you’ll need more. Would be nice if the enclosure was at the same height as the hanger…

1 Like

Yeah.
I think what I will try next is both moving it in and adding another of the regular MBS riser. I have one riser now on the outer position.
I wonder if that will be enough…

Hope so, anything beyond that probably isn’t worth it. Looks bangin’ though.

RAF, you’re a machine!

I love the commitment of a build based around a special set of bearings… :rofl:

3 Likes

Well.

I kind of think this might work.

A little scraping here and there I could live with.

It is raining today so I can’t go actually carve outside. But it looks promising

And I think it actually looks better with these wheels with the trucks in the inner position.

6 Likes

How you liking this setup?

On the fence on going a very similar route with spare parts lol. Trampa carver deck I have left over feels too bouncy with the matrix trucks and bindings and from riding the xl kaly deck for a while now.

2 Likes

Dude… unfortunately the set up ended up not working. I ran into an issue with the bearings. So I went back to the 8 inch tires.

1 Like

What happened to the bearings?

1 Like

One of the back wheels was wobbly. I took of off and the inner bearing had some play side to side.
Balls and clip(the thing that holds the ball not sure of name) were both there and in place.
As gravity is extra hard on me I decided to put the idea to bed.

4 Likes

Oh rip…you could do 6.3" tires if you want lower still

1 Like

I just wanted to try Thane.

Real bonus would have been the range.

Will try again probably when matrix iii come out.

I ran metros on here for a bit. They were nice. But actually made my range worse a bit…
So I went back to Kendas…

Keep going back to Kendas.

I do love them on this board… but now in the cold my range is only 13 miles…

1 Like

Why not the trampa 6.5 or evolve 6in?

Those metros are awesome just suck the range out of small pack builds. I decided to order a haero after reading thru your build to try out.

Along with a khymera to try :joy:

1 Like

I really love the ride feel of the Haero with the 8s.
so my motivation to get the Metros was to try and improve the range…
i really did not expect that to backfire.
I hear the trampas wear out pretty fast and for me that is bad because I destroy tires super fast.

I did not put a lot of thought into getting the Evolve ones, mainly because they are expensive…

I would expect the Evolves to be somewhat similar to the Kendas as far as my range… so I probably wont mess with it.

someday I will try to cram an 18650 12S8P battery in here.

Do you have both the Haero and Khymera on hand? I would love to see pictures of them side by side.
I just got a Llama from Dave.

2 Likes

I’m flipping over to the evolves to test range this week on a board. But in general my range was ok with them.

I just placed an order for both yesterday and will be letting go whichever I don’t use. So just the waiting game. They both said they were in stock. I’ll dm you some comparison to prevent some derail :joy:

1 Like

Ideally, larger urethane wheels would have larger bearing seats.

Sorry to hear those rare bearings didn’t work out :\

1 Like

Yep. Bit of a bummer.
But that is the way the cookie crumbles with DIY right…

I did get enough of a taste to think I do want to pursue a carver set up with the 110s.

So it got me thinking of another new dream board for next year, since I hear there will be a 10mm axle option with Matrix III trucks.

1 Like

@glyphiks
Future Man.
You son of a bitch.

I had the answer all the time and I glazed over it and instead of blaming myself I’m going to blame you…

@GJF1
Look at this…
Dang it all… I could have been cool like you this whole time…

1 Like

So this is going to be the story of the fall of the Golden Child.

My Haero.
My super sweet and beloved street carver.
It was my favorite set up to ride.
Only bummer was the limited range at 13-15 miles.

I loved everything about this set up.
The power. The cushyness. And most of all the carving…
So much fun.

My love for the Haero made me want to make something like it but with more range.

So in comes the Flux.

The Flux was awesome like the Haero, but I could now go 25 miles instead of 12…

So needless to say the Flux started getting all the action. Especially with Winter in the mix limiting riding time.

I would still try to give the Haero love. But it was less and less.

So I started plotting putting a double stack battery on the Haero and was waiting on a good one to come out and was pumped to upgrade the Haero.

But something crazy happened the other day.

I took the Haero out and I have gotten so used to the Flux that the Haero freaked me out because I could turn it so much more easily. I was pushing the back pedals too much and freaking turning weird…

Actually had to turn around and grab a different board to ride.

Freaky…

So I put red shock blocks on the back of the Haero.
Orange in front still.

And took it out.

It wasn’t sketchy.

But the vibe is not there.

The Flux killed the Vibe of the Haero.

I like the giant boat feeling of the Flux is my jam.
I gotta work harder to turn it but I am digging that.

So now I think I’m going to tear the Haero down and put some bindings on it and make it an emtb I can actually lift off the ground.

8 Likes

So.
Here is where my head is going with the Haero.

Stuff I have.

Use the deck.
Use the matrix II trucks.
And the IdeaTB mounts that are on here.
And the unity that is on here putting it on the universal heat sink.
( unless someone tells me a Spitend would do way better for this… Or some other esc for that matter)

12/68 gearing #25H chain

Get.

12s5p P42A pack. If I can buy some freaking cells.
I think that will weigh around 10 lbs…
Hopefully I can get 15 miles of trail riding…
Not sure.

Mbs Fivestars. They are a bit lighter I guess than the rockstar II.

Trampa 9 inch mudpluggers for the back only.
Clever knobby 8s for the front.

Mbs bindings (I have the heel straps)

Flipsky 6374 BH 140kv (980 grams) hope it’s worth the weight savings going down to 6374…

4 Likes