The BRO | 12S8P | Haero Bro Model | E-TOXX Dual Direct Drive | 170kV 6374 Maytech Closed Can | Dual VESC 6 |

That’s interesting for sure. on my trampa hangers I never had to tighten the drives further onto the hanger and they havent moved luckely. Probably cus Jens machines the trampa hangers to be totally square

3 Likes

If that problem continues, I’ll consider to switch to different hangers.

1 Like

Hi mate, forgive me for not reading back through the entire thread, I am wondering what sort of range you are averaging with this setup? (And your weight if you mind me asking).

My build is very similar, although 7p not 8p (I assume I’ll get roughly 7/8ths of what you get). Just curious as to what I can expect from mine :wink:

Me 70kg and I could get a range of 50 km flat.

1 Like

New achievement.
@glyphiks I joined the broken gear club. :partying_face:

1 Like

This seems to be happening a lot. How did it break?

1 Like

Caused by the ollie, I think. Backlash was not the cause. I accidently braked in the air and landed. :neutral_face:
That caused the broken wheel teeth.

2 Likes

I suspect that mine could have been similar, but I think I accelerated in the air :joy:

1 Like

100 bucks down the drain :joy:

1 Like

That shouldn’t cause it to break.

I did some 180s with my straight cuts a while back and they did hold well.

The destroyer!
Everything fine, Bro.
We call that: Skate and destroy !
:heart_eyes:

1 Like

9 Likes

That looks awesome :metal:t3:

3 Likes

Up and running again. :wink:

7 Likes

Dumb question. What’s that clicking sound at the beginning?
It came definitely from the right wheel. Bearing?

You checked the motor pulley? Sometimes the grub screw gets lose in it’s screw hole; is not tight enough. It doesn’t press the pulley against the motor shaft specially if is a D pulley on a flat shaft; sometimes there’s some play when the pulley is lose and make that click! on every turn.

Because they are so close to each other, you think the noise comes from the wheel, the wheel pulley or the bearings, but is actually the lose wheel pulley from the motor shaft what’s making the noise.

2 Likes

Blue Loctite on the grub screw, a good tight (let it cure) and problem solved. :grinning::ok_hand:

1 Like

front right wheel nut was not tightened enough. :joy:

1 Like

But thanks for the tip. :+1:
grub screw is tightened and glued in with loctite.

1 Like

:laughing::+1:

1 Like

I call it the long lost “trailer” :grin:
7 Likes