The Blue One | 12S LiFePO4 | 170kv TB 6380 | Caliber 2 & BN184 | 30.43" Powell-Peralta | TB110 | FOCBOX [Serious]

@b264 you are using only the RipTide tunnel risers? what’s that like .5 inches? Anywhere near wheelbite?

How do you like the Arctic blue vs black 110’s?

2 Likes

@b264 , any chance there’s an enclosure available?

It’s 30mm of riser. The Riptide tunnel risers and riser lights from Metroboard.

The Arctic Blue are better but I’m still testing their longevity. The black TB110s seem to last just shy of “forever”.

4 Likes

There is a small chance, yes

It’s my intent to build a <30.5" compact board for short runs/bar purposes in the very near future. Planning to use a two-piece 12S-14S 1P 40T pack depending on what ESC’s become available, a 29"-30.5" Powell Peralta deck, 74A 110’s or possibly 5" pnummies, trucks machined in house, and of course, a front binding.

If you’d be willing to sell me an enclosure, I presume it would be quite helpful. TBH, I’d like to be able to ride the Blue One… Wasn’t really thinking of that as I drove past STL with nothing else to do unfortunately…

3 Likes

Do you know what size bearings TB 6380 motor uses?

1 Like

It uses two 6800 and one 6900 bearing.

3 Likes

So this happened

4 Likes

I was hoping this was a pic from long ago :anguished:

how did you realize?

1 Like

is this inevitable wear from daily use in challenging conditions?

should we expect your pre-deployment testing advice to change from “repeatedly beat against the street for (30) min…” to “repeatedly beat against the street for (60) min…” before riding?

8 Likes

Motor stopped working LoLz

6 Likes

yeah I guess the vesc freaked out when it shorted to the motor can. Or something

1 Like

It is wear from daily use but I don’t think it’s inevitable.

If esk8 engineering had 120+ years of top engineers working on upgrading reliability like automobiles have had already, then this and other things should be readily avoidable.

Without that investment, on a one-off custom and/or a prototype (which is essentially what all of our DIY skates are) then reliability issues are all but guaranteed if it’s used heavily.

1 Like

Something something FOCBOX 1.6 dead something something cry cry cry :sob:

14 Likes

You in the market to pay more than $125 for one?

I might know a guy…

2 Likes

I have a replacement in the drawer. If you rely on these as transportation, that’s all but a requirement.

7 Likes

your pic reminded me to order mr60s so something good happened at least.

I will cri when I fri my foc :cry:

I also just went and inspected my used motors phase wires, look ok could use some globs of some silicone or something to be safe.

2 Likes

Some kind of 3D printed clamping part which protects the phases where they come outta there, I’ve always though of that particular location as the weakest part of a motor and where you see pics of damage most

5 Likes

Do you think this was from wear and tear from turning? Wondering if I should give my phase wires more slack now… :face_with_monocle:

1 Like