The Bladerunner | LY Switchblade 40" | 12S4P Samsung 30T | eBoosted enclosure | Bergmeister wheels | Maytech 6374 | Custom motor mounts

Thanks man! Using a drop though deck allowed me to make it look like a low rider, like a sports car with lowered suspension, wheels look bigger, ride is more stable and looks like a fat ass quarter miller

4 Likes

So I’ve been riding this board for 3 days now and I’m love already, the deck stuff but not as stiff as the Evo, it’s my most comfortable board to ride not only because of a subtle flex but the height of it, it’s very low but I can go over every speedbump in my area even the big ones.

What I like the most is the smooth acceleration and huge torque, it feels like flying, I wasn’t convinced with gear drives after trying 2 different brands, it just made my riding experience less enjoyable, now with belts all the fun came back in a rush.

The deck is not as controlable as the Subsonic Century because of the angled wedges but it’s pretty stable that I can go full speed without any single attempt to wobble, the surfrodz are the main part of the reason.

I really love the custom motor mounts they are really tough and the crossbars just made them indestructible, there is not way to misalign the motors at all, I can adjust the belt tension very easily with the idler adjuster.

Things to correct:

1. Move the trucks further away to avoid front wheelbite at maximum steering
  2. Paint the motor mounts and crossbars with mate black electrostatic paint
    3.chsbge the griptape with glass frit (already on the mail)

10 Likes

Looks sick man, I love that you’re becoming a frit convert. @Sender must be proud

3 Likes

A “frit convert” :joy:that sounds queer

2 Likes

Here is the part list for people interested:

Surfrodz 45 200mm RKP
LY Switchblade 40" deck
Switchblade enclosure from eboardsperu.com
Bergmeister hubs, tires and wheel pulleys
Maytech 6374 170KV motors
18T motor pulleys from dickos
Custom motor mounts with idlers
Custom crossbars
Shredlights SL-200
12S4P Samsung 30T
Bestech HCX-D122 charge only BMS
Focbox Unity
Flipsky VX1 remote controller
Metr bluetooth module

6 Likes

Almost finished, it’s a real pleasure to ride!

New Shredlights SL-200 mounts installed:

The enclosure has a few scratches already and it’s holding like a skid plate:

16 Likes

So I think this is my new favorite build on the forum. Love my switchblade. I can imagine this is an incredible board to ride :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks man! I’ve tried so many different boards and this one feels like the perfect one, I know I’ve said this everytime I build a new board but maybe the build quality and parts list improve and final result is always better.

I thought it es going to be too long but I would change it for a smaller one now, the length is perfect

2 Likes

Mine is the 36. I’m pretty short tho so it works for me. I’m also on urethane (abec evolve 107) so it’s a bit different.

2 Likes

Yo should try pneumatics on that deck, it’s like you can go virtually anywhere, no need to restrict the paths you take anymore, on a side note pneumatics look killer if you use a drop through truck mounts

1 Like

Since I’m running standard caliber trucks at the moment, pneumatics aren’t really an option :confused:

This is how far I had to mount my Caliber trucks today to not get wheelbite. If they were wider, the wheels would hit the outter corners, instead of hiding in the inside ones. I really don’t know how you’re not getting wheelbite @eBoosted lol

1 Like

If you look how I positioned the trucks I made new holes further away from the center and used a plate to lock the rear baseplate bolts, this allows reverse motor mounting and will move your wheels away from the deck corners.

The look is amazing afterwards and you could mount them drop through

1 Like

@rusins

I just saw how you wanted to move the caliber trucks and there is definitely no way to mount calibers on this deck, you need to use surfrodz 200mm RKP as I did on order to clear the wheels running with the corners.

This setup is definitely the best combination all around for both Performance and looks

1 Like

Surfrodz look sick, I actually got 4wd @torqueboards drives on 110s for my switchblade with adjustable baseplates from @mikenyc I think it’ll be a sweet combo

6 Likes

Do you have close up photos of that?
I still can’t quite see how you secured the baseplates further back

1 Like

What do you get from belts, that lacked in gear drives @eBoosted ?

money in bank account :wink:

2 Likes

It’s visible in the last picture he shared – just a small metal plate that screws into the old holes, and secures back of the baseplates.

1 Like

Ahh i see it now thanks!