The best of the best Chargers!

Whats the cover and module on it?

1 Like

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015SXP9Y0/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_99G5371WQQNK4Y5VCMWM

At the time it was 1/3 of the price on eBay
Cover I just sketched up and printed
(The battery% won’t work unless you charge and discharge thro the power monitor)

1 Like

This isn’t over until we have words for this… and right now the lead-acid words are all we have… so, well, those are the only option at this time.

1 Like

I disagree…”power supply” is the term used by the industry and is the one to use for a…umm…power supply that is used for charging. A power supply is not a “trickle charger”. It’s just a power supply. Do they provide a “trickle” of current for eternity if left connected? Definitely. But there is absolutely nothing about them that makes them a charger. They’re just something that can be used for charging.

I can use a block of wood to hammer in a nail. That definitely does not make a hammer. It’s just something that can be used for hammering.

A true li-ion charger only needs to be called a charger. Any actual charger will turn off automatically. Some will turn back on later if the voltage drops. None will actively hold a pack at a float voltage like a lead-acid charger does. This is the big issue. Li-ion chargers do not float charge and, IMO, that term should not be used because of that. It only causes confusion. There’s no need to use terms created for other types of batteries for li-ion use.

We have terms used by the industry now that we can use…power supplies (CC/CV hopefully) and chargers. No confusion. No crossover with other same named, but different function, devices. They definitely help to keep the confusion down IMO.

We are both true believers in our preferred terms and I respect your choices. We are drifting into pedantic semantics though…with me fully participating I admit…so I will bow out.

LOL, I’m just glad I was finally able to figure out what the heck the terms li-ion “float charger” and “trickle charger” actually meant!

If the block of wood is sold shaped like a hammer, then it’s a hammer. A shitty one, but a hammer nonetheless.

You can complain about the terms “trickle” and “float” all day but you have not offered two other words we can use in their place. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ya’ got me some with the hammer thing but that is not an axe. You cannot do axe things with it unless you’re doing it to butter. LOL…all this doesn’t change anything to do with chargers though.

1 Like

This statement confuses me a lot as I have mentioned the two terms repeatedly…power supply and charger.

1 Like

“Power Supply” to me means a different thing, that can typically be adjusted to different voltages or amperages in a CC/CV style…

A shitty China charger that acts like a trickle charger is not what comes to mind.

I’m going to call them trickle chargers so folks know I’m not talking about a real power supply :crazy_face:

1 Like

Just my 2¢ here; I have never heard of power supplies needing to be adjustable. Sounds like we all have different life experiences with these things and cause us to use the words differently. I’m on team call them power supplies

1 Like

We should just call them roasters because they roast your balancing resistors. :joy:

3 Likes

Announcing the amazing new Toaster Oven BMS!
Balance your pack and warm your Pop Tarts at the same time!

2 Likes

When I asked my initial question, I had little idea what do… now I have even less of an idea what to do :flushed:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forums! Glad you’re getting the full experience.

7 Likes

6 Likes

Must have had a roaster charger on that pack :sob:

2 Likes

Ouch…that is some seriously poor BMS design there!

2 Likes

Bestech’s best-tech clearly…

5 Likes

Anyone know a better 16s charger for about $50? For a 16s12p model 3 cell pack. The 10a-12a chargers are about $100 which is a little too pricey for me.

This one is about $80 67.2 V 8A Charger 16 serie 60 V Li Ion Batterij Smart Charger Lipo/LiMn2O4/LiCoO2 batterij Oplader Met fan Aluminium Case|Opladers| - AliExpress

1 Like