The battery builders club

Yeah… Unfortunately it’s annoying to replace. I’ll probably have to replace it eventually though. I’m not too worried about the small difference yet but if it gets past 0.2v I’ll probably have to do a transplant

1 Like

I have some space for more electricals, could I add active balancing? I could probably fit a whole 2nd dual VESC in here with this amount of space. I was going to add a TTL

I wouldn’t bother, If you assembled the pack well it’s not needed. The LLT is more than enough.

1 Like

Definitely adding a TTL then, right next to the LLT

? :smiley:

1 Like

Where are your fishpaper rings?

Also

No. EVERYONE should post photos when they come to this thread asking for help.

If @BenjaminF came here with this problem I would have asked for photos also. Let’s make that clear

Just followed you on Instagram, the future is friendly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Literally 1984

I just wanna be ur friend, I exposed my Instagram to you as well haha

1 Like

FR though when I saw you pop up I was like “this must be what it feels like to be popular”

1 Like

FR though here’s some proof I’m not just a bumbling retard.

Look ma I got gud. No more random self destruct switch.

I still need practice getting that smooth perfect heat shrink and actually nice balance runs, but for this build I’ve added enough abrasion resistance wherever it was needed anyway as there was space for it.

Looks much better. The BMS case is ground, so it’s probably worth it to cover the positive nickel plates in case it touches the BMS

1 Like

I have just a bit of the right size PVC left, I’m thinking of just slipping a ring up over it. Or could I do one easier and just wrap that in e-tape?

I advise you leave zero exposed conductive material

1 Like

where do I put the fuse for the charging port?

I taped it up with e-tape, I gotta use this board to go to the electronics store tomorrow to get more kapton and fiber tapes and wrap.

Depends on how much time you have. I’ve got all the time in the world. Which, might only be a week or so, given how things are going on this planet.

Apart from that, I will sit back and watch a more recent history repeat itself in this very thread.
Enjoy, folks.

AFAIK it doesnt matter too much. I put it between the charge port + and the battery + as there generally isn’t anything else there.

Does any one have a good diagram for wiring my battery (with bms) I have 10s4p. Or link to a thread that has one. I know I should just use search, but a lot of them are just people checking if theirs is right and don’t want to follow a bad one.

2 Likes

If you do a google image search for “10s BMS balance” you should get a few good diagrams