The battery builders club

ahh, i must have missed that report. dang lol i know it was a bit too good to be true. i don’t remember the last time i discharged a pack below 3.3 so the added capacity is pretty useless to me.

2 Likes

QS10-S or EC8 ?

120A continuous 330A pulse
I’m unsure of wich I should use, I like the Idea of the antispark with the QS10-S and the 4 smaller connection for xyz option but I also like that I can get more with the EC8

Any good legit shop on ali?

Idk if you already got these, but out of my 110 BHU 6Ah cells, I have about 10 dead cells (below 1.5v) and 5 cells below 2.5v and this is just through self discharge over 6 months. I think they’re bad cells, couldn’t prove it but this is ridiculous.

1 Like

1 Like

proceed to charge inside the house

fuck it

seems logical if you ask me

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have no alternative. There is no outside for me to work. I unplugged it as the car battery is at 10.8 volts, but that doesn’t really matter as the built in charger is broken anyways.

2 Likes

Different strokes, and all.

I don’t do it often because reasons, but generally I use a pack down to 2.8 so these are nice. I like them for the Onewheel packs, they’re a nice fit for those where a trail riding session will take me down to pretty much empty before I get back. I’ve done a couple stock XR rebuilds and these do well to replace the VTC6.

2 Likes

I highly doubt you trying to revive a car battery is going to cause any fire at all. For all the risks of acid spillage with lead acid batteries, they’re still fairly tolerant when it comes to charge and discharge.

2 Likes

yeah this is why I’m doing this indoors and I’m not too worried. if it was lithium I wouldn’t do it at all.

yeah not necessarely fire but if there is gas build up in the case (wich is supposed to be sealed) it could explode (more chances to make a bunch of leak holes, but still) also the gas build up is hydrogen - sulfide but comes from overcharging, don’t go over 14-14,5 volts

you’ll be just fine :wink: coming from a dumbass who witnessed 2 dumbass closelooping 2 batteries together with a wrench

2 Likes

Crap, I should have ordered extras, I’ll check each one closely when they arrive. This is not good news.

Check each one when they arrive and maybe just mark it on a piece of tape you can slap on each cell, then measure them in a month or whenever you build the pack. Super aggravating.

I’m going to look into a test machine to test capacity as well, anyone know of a decent setup that’s affordable?

1 Like

What is affordable for you…max?

3 Likes
1 Like

Honestly I have no idea what they cost I haven’t looking into it at all. Give me a ball park figure on what something basic but will get the job done is. Please and thank you.

Ideally I’d like to keep it under 100$ for the test equipment, I have no idea if that is reality.

XTAR Dragon VP4 Plus Charger 4-Slots Intelligent Universal Battery Charger for 14500 18650 21700 26650 32650 AAA AA C D Batteries 11.1V /3S Battery Pack Amazon.com

Would something like this be sufficient?

It’s capacity measuring accuracy is okay. Be sure you can test single cells from 4.2V down to 2.5V at about 0.2C. For a 6Ah cell that is 1.2A.

I just read a review that said lifepo4 unsupported.

Can you recommend something mooch?

I don’t mind something a little more complex or unrefined, but multiple battery is a must. I assume it takes time to discharge and test each one

1 Like

FYI, P26A are back in stock at Li-ion Wholesale.

4 Likes