The battery builders club

buy the one on the left it’s obviously more betterer

2 Likes

oh yeah totally :see_no_evil:
plus it’s not like they don’t ship to Canada :star_struck:

1 Like

They have a bad habit of not taking the listings down once their stock runs out too. I think that one’s been out since June…

2 Likes

yeah that’s a bad habit for sure

soo where should i buy batterys?
The first site that come in my mind was aliexpress official liitokala store with 18650 hg2 cells
All the other sites has shipping that is over 100USD to Hungary
Thanks for the answers.

You will receive legit fake cells :ok_hand::+1:

I would have a look at nkon.nl their shipping isn’t too bad usually.

1 Like

Its my understanding that LG is pulling their loose cells off the market and moving towards B2B for built packs only. So I wouldn’t count on finding those much of anywhere.

1 Like

None of the big manufacturers (except one, see below) have ever openly sold to anyone except pack assemblers. End users were never supposed to have access to any of these cells.

These cells can end up in places they shouldn’t be but that’s because of less-than-honest pack assemblers.

Round li-ion cells were never meant to be used outside fully protected battery packs. The only reason anyone could get them is because of excess inventory being sold off by the big pack assemblers and commercial/industrial customers of Samsung, Murata, LG, Panasonic/Sanyo, etc. There are rumors of “diverted” shipments of cells meant for recycling but I would think those were pretty low grade cells and none of the trusted vendors would risk selling these.

Due to accidents and lawsuits LG and Samsung have become a lot more proactive lately about stopping loose cell sales. “Request” letters have been sent to some distributors and vendors and I’m sure, at some point, LG or Samsung will make an example of someone who keeps selling just to scare everyone else.

LG is also in the process of adding “do not use outside of a pack” or “not for e-cig use” type warnings to all their wraps and Samsung is adding warnings to their 30Q and 25R (so far).

Murata has had the warning for a couple of years now but, AFAIK, has not been actively trying to limit selling of their cells individually.

Molicel however supports the selling of their cells to end users for use outside of protected battery packs…so far.

14 Likes

Hey guys, i made a new pack, how do you guys like it?

Im kidding its shit, and someone sent it in our group.

12 Likes

Dear lord have mercy on my eyes

9 Likes

Looks like a hand made IED

4 Likes

Looks fine to me :woozy_face:

1 Like

Green one looks better tho (thanks to the edit :wink::rofl:)

1 Like

We don’t need fishpaper where we’re going.

7 Likes

I am :sparkles: U N C O M F O R T A B L E :sparkles: thank you very much

I expect to see the owner in hospital soon

3 Likes

He’s actually building a new pack :cold_sweat:

2 Likes

I’m afraid to ask where he salvaged those cells from. :scream:

2 Likes

Old e-bike batteries apparently.

2 Likes

I’m tired of welding batteries, can I send you some to solder? kthnx :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Has anyone in the US shipped a battery to Canada ? I know it’s gotta be ground but what are the issues with customs ?

1 Like