The battery builders club

Yea. I’d also recommend just getting the ladder style or 30mm wide

Also, kinda cute you place the fishpaper circles on top of the gaps, I might copy that

3 Likes

I would. If you were to draw 80A then you would have 57A flowing through those center two strips. That’s 28.5A each, which is really pushing it for that small nickel.

Even though you likely are not going to be drawing your battery max for any extended length of time, I always advise over-building rather than under-building. Those two extra tabs are really cheap insurance.

1 Like

Anyone building batteries in the NYC area? I’m looking for a 12s4p 21700 cells?

2 Likes

I think @Scepterr is in NYC? Not sure if he is doing customs for folks though. @ZachTetra is east coast and does great work. And I also do customs for anyone in the lower 48. Hit me up if you want a quote.

3 Likes

I’m about half way down the coast if Max doesn’t sort you out, if you want a 12s4p P42A brick pack I have one half made already so it will be quick

1 Like

IF @ZachTetra 's not home you can keep driving till you get to florida and I’d sort you out. Watch out for the boa constrictors and flakka dancers though.

4 Likes

lol, I just moved from Orlando.

How dare you not say goodbye to me in person on your way out.

2 Likes

:sleepy: my already sucky spot welder got even suckier so does anyone have a not too expensive one +/- 75 USD to recommend ?

Cheap spot welders act cheap, anything strong and reliable is most likely several hundred with the lipo stuff

3 Likes

remember a poor man always buys twice

That’s me, I’m the poor man. Didn’t know welders like malectrics or kweld existed before i got my sunkko

1 Like

don’t worry same lmao but hahem 200 usd with shipping is a little too much for me as of rn, might as well go with the nano spot welder and support a fellow Canadian

@ZachTetra thanks for the non help btw haha

1 Like

didn’t someone here already waste their money on one?

I freaking love my Kweld. Malectrics is close second :heart:

5 Likes

Never tried a Kweld but heard the weld-weld consistency is a little better than the malectrics. But I’m definitely the limiting factor for the malectrics with shaky hands and poor vision >:(.

3 Likes

I love my 10 pack of BIG HOT Black STICKs. 4 dollars to make me hollas

4 Likes

Have you tried them? They’re fantastic. I use that shit everywhere now :rofl:

3 Likes

Charge ports on black abs looks great. Great for waterproofing the enclosure at all water access points

1 Like

Yo are we praising the glory that is the 100 pack of big black HMA sticks? That stuff is dope

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed that you can feel a slight tingle when you accidentally get super fine cuts on nickel when making a battery?

1 Like

Where do you buy those handy magnets to hold the nickel down while spot welding?