The battery builders club

i wish i could see well enuff to weld consistently in that tight of a grouping…

maybe I should just send ya my Kweld and have you weld up my Pgroups…

:crazy_face: :eyes: :thinking:

3 Likes

This is 25mm folded over and 37mm for the full side, I think 50mm will work really well, you’ll probably have extra on the top honestly.

3 Likes

If you can get your hands on 50mm nickel yeah. That would work well! And also send me some lol :sweat_smile::laughing:

3 Likes

I mean I’m not opposed to this plan :yum:

1 Like

Cool! Got 5 meters of the .2 thick stuff on the way then. I’ll send you most of what I don’t use (likely a bunch lol).

2 Likes

see @ZachTetra… that is almost eggzakery my weld dispersion pattern…

:eyes: :eyes: :wink:

EDIT:

I do know how to size nickel and make corners… so I usually have more nickel to hit… but yeah… that’s basically it…

2 Likes

Dang that would be legit

I’m going for that distribution. In my head I have to, in order to spread the heat out. Also when you have ~750 welds in a pack I can’t wait 30 seconds between each one.

The weld pattern on here gives me anxiety and pisses me off :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I just jump between cells, after 5-7 welds it overheats the battery leads so I do other stuff like add insulator rings, glue cells, prep the holder, and cut fish paper

1 Like

I bought the 50 mm on ali from
Steel city … wonder when that’ll ever arrive !!

2 Likes

if you order from Ali, the deliveries that go west arrive much faster than those going east

file this under shit you don’t really have to know

2 Likes

Here ya go :wink:

0.2mm x 50mm 99.96% Pure Nickel Plate Strip

It has plate in the title but otherwise indicates that it’s pure nickel, looks legit.

1 Like

slight tangent - those of you who build packs for others how do you deal with potential liability? I like the process and am considering building them for friends one day, but want to research whether it might be cost-prohibitive with insurance and whatnot.

2 Likes

I don’t think they really can put it on you, it would really be their “misuse” or use at all of a pack that causes it to go kaboomy.

Basically it wasn’t on fire when they sold it to you so it isn’t their fault, legally, maybe.

1 Like

yeah I’m thinking about a situation where their misuse causes an apartment building to burn down killing small children and them using some legalese mambly-pambly to pin it on me somehow. I’m not even remotely educated on the legal system so that’s why I ask.

2 Likes

I know neutral cure electronic silicone is a standard adhesive/insulator for battery pack construction. I believe it’s a solid splooge option for exposed terminals on P-groups.

How about liquid electrical tape? I feel like I’ve seen it used on P-group terminals in pictures.

Asking here, sorry if it’s off topic.

Who can recommend a good seller of Aliexpress for battery cells?
Looking for some 30q’s

Thanks,
Dani

1 Like

have you looked at ru.nkon.nl?

oof they are oos anyways.

Can you order a lot? like 200 cells?

then Queenbattery might be good for you.

1 Like