The battery builders club

Well, the first way it would work because I was technically building 4 separate 10s batteries and then connecting them in parallel, but I guess that the bms wouldn’t be able to charge them all at the same time

1 Like

Yeah thats why its a quick, easy and hard “no” for that idea lol

2 Likes

18650 Fishpaper rings don’t fit 21700

8 Likes

ridiculous! of course I can get them to work.

They are coming with the 40mm 0.2 nickel should be a week away paid for DHL.

Had to order new BMSs, buck converters and new fast charger I was so invested into 12S eco system. It’s hard to break away.

1 Like

Found some in my Fishpaper tub

3 Likes

it has arrived.

7 Likes

nice! I know @ZachTetra was looking for some if you’re selling any.

Shorted you 45g, ask for a refund :ghost:

1 Like

right? :slight_smile: actually might. that’s like 5%

1 Like

Make sure to do scratch test and salt water test

yeah need to look those up for details.

How do you mkae the the salt water? what ratio? it’s drop it in wait X time? 1h? 24h? signs of oxidation / corrosion is bad?

and the grind test. is hit it with a dremel cuttoff and look for sparks? if it sparks it’s not nickel?

is there a separate scratch tests?

Salt will only dissolve a certain amount before the excess just starts to sit on the bottom of the container. I just dump a shit ton in there to make sure the solution is as saturated as possible. Let it sit for 2 days

Eggzakly

2 Likes

I don’t even think you need to wait that long. I read up on it a little bit and some sources say steel will rust in under 4 hr

Or you can just use a dremel wheel and if it sparks you know its steel

4 Likes

Where are you folks sourcing your nickel strips and miscellaneous parts for battery builds? Is it just vendors on AliExpress?

I’ve seen people make packs with these things they call pcbs it looks like they just fold the nickel over and on to them what’s the point of them?

1 Like

That made you sound soooo old :joy:

@DerelictRobot is probably (imo) a perfect member to explain the uses of em, I’ve got them in my board but not the slightest clue why

2 Likes

Been doing a bunch of work, but luckily I am finding a little more time to get to ride and work on my own boards lol. Enjoy:

18 Likes

Beautiful!!!

3 Likes

Lmao I’m honestly dying reading what I wrote. I have no idea why I worded it like that. :joy:

1 Like