The battery builders club

You were running 220A total on 6p 30Q?

1 Like

dude that’s sick! I’m definitely gonna steal the design so I can sell cleaner cells and increase their price, lol

3 Likes

patent pending! (j/k)
after I got it down, I was able to clean them perfectly and not even hit the insulating ring.

Currently putting together a 12s8p for an ebike, will report on performance. Total current draw wont be more than 30amps, so we should be fine :+1:

Awesome! Leave a review and get referrals and there’s more cells in it for you lol

4 Likes

Motor =! Battery

I was running 140A battery current maximum from a 6p 30Q. Keep in mind that is over 5kW and I never saw that in the real world on that board (at least not on Street builds in general, eMTB, sure)

3 Likes

lol oh ok, you said 110/70 per esc, I thought that was batt/motor :yum:

1 Like

Thoughts? The real thing or a pipe dream?

Paging @kevingraehl
Didn’t you pick something up similar to this?

2 Likes

It’s actually pretty legit.

The solder on the xt60 will melt.

Use a shitload of caps.

I used a 4s

Kweld still blows it out of the water.

That was .2mm. .15 is solid too

6 Likes

This one also. One is supposedly in an envelope somewhere between China and my place.

1 Like

I have one too. I liked the other one. Bigger fets

1 Like

That xt60 geeked me out on the one you’re running.

How did you fix this? Thinking about picking one up. Kweld is awesome but I don’t see myself building many battery packs just yet so I may opt for a cheap temporary option

I guess you are not the only one here.
Still think it’s important to have a quality welder to get a decent pack done.
I know from other communities that they bought a „community welder“ and that one is circulating through the community.

Wonder if there would be interest in something like this for the US people as well.
Concept is following:
There is a thread where people can sign up.
Either somebody is buying a kWeld or malectrics
Or
We need enough people signed up to buy a spot welder together.
Everybody can sign up in a list to borrow the spotwelder. Fee will be 10-15$ plus shipping.
If you finished your pack, you are going to send it to the next person in line.
If you broke something, you need to replace it on your own expense.
As soon as the initial price for the welder and LiPo is reached the fee for borrowing the welder will go to support the community. I think @BillGordon or @longhairedboy could help here with a PP account.
To make it work there would need to be enough interest from people in US (min 10-15 for the beginning).

Is there an interest in something like this?
Please only vote if you from US

• I would use the community welder for my next battery
  • What a stupid idea

0 voters

5 Likes

That’s a cool idea. I just went in on a KWeld, but I would have been open to this before that. (In spirit only because based in Singapore,)

2 Likes

for the community. Maybe. I do have an extra kweld at work. But we are on lockdown.

Hardest part is the batteries. User would have to supply?

3 Likes

So you donate this for the community? :thinking:

Might want to delete your e mail thou.

He gives out his phone number freely. I doubt he cares about email.

10 Likes

Idk, ground shipping Lipos within US shouldn’t be a problem, no?
Just a 3S 5-6Ah pack will do the job for most people.

this is easiest if the battery is contained in a finished device. Like a welder-kit? I have some of these I could donate to the cause

3 Likes