The battery builders club

Also need to add the caveat that not all chargers are CC/CV, and will overcharge your shit.

4 Likes

All three of my chargers are YZ power and they work great, they all have fans too which is nice.

1 Like

Alright so I read a lot of this thread over time, and Iā€™m ready to get into the spot welding business. Iā€™m in the US, should I try and get the Malectrics spot welder or the K-weld? From what Iā€™ve seen here they both work great, but they are also both EU.

My fishpaper, nickel, and stuff is going to take forever to get here from aliexpress anyway so I donā€™t mind the wait but does anyone have suggestions one way or the other?

There is a US distributor for Kweld. I got mine super fast

Edit:
Looks like there are delays right now. I still suggest going through Keith. He was a pleasure to do business with

4 Likes

Oh interesting. Should I just add him on Facebook then? I know sometimes these companies are hard to get a hold of. Like I said I donā€™t mind waiting but I would like to avoid the $40 of shipping if possible haha

1 Like

Yeah facebook or you can email him

1 Like

I ordered my Malectrics from their site and got it like a week later. Even with their shipping charge it was still cheaper than a kweld from the dude in the us (and its in stock). Just saying.

5 Likes

Hmm food for thought. What did the total come out to for you?

1 Like

ā‚¬167.84

1 Like

Are those hot leads?

2 Likes

speaking of hot leads
Hobbyking

wonder why this one crapped out. Besides the other abuse.

You have to go hot at some point? Yes, they are. No magic smoke at any time though.

But the insulation? only point this out bc this happened when I left the screen door open and the pixies got out.

That was real bright.

5 Likes

Do you mean liquid tape or the cap? The cap was on the cables already, clicked it in place after as seen in the last photo. Iā€™ve never had sparks with the cap in place.

Where do you buy these?
Iā€™m interested in the PCB but googling this text doesnā€™t give me any results.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what I was getting at. I just had flash backs to a few reckless moves Iā€™ve made recently. :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

I once cut the insulation off live 12AWG wires with a Stanley knife to add a charge port, bang and presto instant serrated blade!

4 Likes

what do u guys use for soldering the new 8awg cable from flipsky dual 6,6 plus to xt90 connector ? My regular soldering station will not melt the solder on the 8awg flipsky cable.

100-150W solder iron and flux if still needed

2 Likes