The battery builders club

Lol, I still use a hairdryer. I have even bought a new one just for the battery building. A heat gun is sometimes too hot.

I am going to start testing one design

Wow that’s bucks. Why. What about the design is unique where u couldn’t find it done already

You’re spoiled! :smile:

1 Like

Any good?

8 Likes

I have this combo

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ceYjHMwO

Not much to expect from the solder iron, but for sensor wires and small stuff it’s still work well. The adjustable temp for the heat gun is a golden feature, goes up to 400degree Celsius, so works as well to loosen loctite fixed screws

That one works great for me :+1: only used it a few times though so I can’t say if it will last.

Ive used that one about a hundred times, works perfectly.

I opened up my lipo because I thought I had a bad balance lead connection. My charger wouldn’t recognize it to charge and when I put it on meter mode all but one cell was the same. 5/6 were 3.61 and the other read 0.0. from what I see it looks good but I had trouble removing the tape at the black wire. I tugged on it a little bit and it wasn’t loose so idk what’s up. The rest look good.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

Did you check the voltage on the pack directly with a multimeter?
I would also check the jst plug both sides, charger and lipo. I had once a cell always disconnecting while charging. Was a pushed back pin in the Balance plug that caused it

2 Likes

Not with a multimeter, no.

The balance charger port looks normal and the one on the battery looks good as well. I’l try charging it again tomorrow after cleaning the jst ports to make sure they have good contact and no dirt. Maybe that will work.

You have the pack open, so check on the cells directly the voltage with a multimeter just to be sure it’s not one cell that went bad. There is also the possibility that one balance wire broke inside. Never heard about that, but there is always a first time :sweat_smile: did you charge other packs with the same charger? Just to be sure it’s not issue of the charger.

If you’re able, check if the (b)attery (m)angling (s)ystem gets hot for no reason. Could be some fault or short that makes it drain down one group.

1 Like

Did anyone make a 10S5P or 12S5P pack? How wide if your final pack. According to my calculations it should fit within 7.25in(184mm) but I just wanted to confirm with a real pack.

Need a little help with cell layout…whatcha think is the best way to pack a 12s3p in this? I got a lot of other electronics I gotta stuff in there too, namely a chunky esc and drivers for lots of lights

That depends how your cell lay out looks like and how you plan to connect the parallel packs.

I got a air gun for 12 eur from wish, it has a potentiometer and works great, literally cheaper than an hair dryer with the power to actually shrink the tubing :smiley:

1 Like

Singlestack lenght is 455mm for 10s

and 12s5p 545mm

Haha nice! You really need a potentiometer or something to adjust the heat off a heat gun.

The hair dryer was only 35 euro :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use a pair of tongs and hold the battery over an open flame in the yard.

2 Likes