The battery builders club

There will exist somewhere in a Chinese factory some jig which is basically this…
They have so many jigs and tools that never leave the country that would probably make battery making a million times easier :frowning:

1 Like

If you have shite copper tips then this will happen.
Tullurium copper is the stuff you need for good tips.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed this fits in a Meepo V3 enclosure

That looks like a cool holder. I actually press my 2P groups into the enclosure and glue them while they’re in there, because the meepo enclosure curves slightly I end up with a curved pack that doesnt need any kind of pressing down to fit into the enclosure.

Looking closely at that, I would actually warn that the enclosure is barely 2P height. The BMS is placed on the negative side of the pack in mine and OEM because of this (You’ve got like 160mm in that direction, but only maybe 45mm height wise?)

I actually pocketed the deck a little to accommodate the BMS on the top, with the stock foam gasket I should have enough space for it

1 Like

This is a gift to a noob. First forum member to offer me a penny and pay shipping gets it. (Just write “esk.news” on the offer

6 Likes

@BenjaminF got a spot welder for ya, noob.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Sold for a dollar!

5 Likes

whoever took it, please read through this thread for safe battery building practices. Build a battery, not a bomb.

3 Likes

s4eamxvh

2 Likes

Because thats what we call a chibattery.

3 Likes

Anyone here live near WA that can help me fix my battery? One of my wire that power my VESC got damaged. Now its not accepting charge. Theres some burnt mark around the shrink wrap. I checked my BMS and everything seems to be balanced. I hope its not too serious.

Burning is bad. Balance is great though, so that is somewhat promising.

By WA do you mean Western Australia?

4 Likes

Washington State

1 Like

what zip?

2 Likes

1 Like

But you can put it in a drill and spin it on some sandpaper hehe

1 Like

I chuck the tips in the drill press usually, quick tap with a fine file and call it good

1 Like

Apparently P26As don’t have any text under the wrapper :person_shrugging:

2 Likes