The battery builders club

Sending a PM, I can sell it pretty much at cost

1 Like

I have some 1.5 X 25.5mm ladder nickel I could help some folks out with if ya need. Not nearly as sick as the good stuff, I know :pleading_face:

1 Like

Mine arrived. I have 37mm and 10mm and ladder and offset ladder. Most are .2mm. Pure.

6 Likes

@kevingraehl do you live in Shenzhen dude?? Didn’t you just order that shit like a week ago?

He paid for express

2 Likes

image image

First welds.

7 Likes

Overkill?

10 Likes

I think that’s a little hot, you want the nickel to rip not just seperate from the weld. The heat is weakening the material at the weld

1 Like

Probably, looks good for a 8x4 drivetrain though lol

1 Like

Overkill nah I would gladly take some that lol

1 Like

You’re not gonna believe it. But my company threw them out a couple hours after I saw them :sob:

Fellas, I’m having a little trouble sourcing shrink wrap for my pack. It’s 9 cells across and single stack so I think 190-200mm is about right but correct me if I’m wrong. Any one got a North American vendor? I really don’t wanna wait for the slow boat. Tia.

1 Like

There’s an Amazon seller who has a good amount of shrink and the kweld north America guy sells shink tho he’s pricy and doesn’t put the measurements on the smaller ones.

Amazon: 200 specifically

18650wrapstore

4 Likes

Thx boys. Much respect :facepunch:

2 Likes

Earliest any of the american vendors can get 200mm here is like 2 wks. 250mm is available locally. Can I get away w that size wrap? It shrinks by almost half no?

1 Like

It shrinks to 0.6 usually so 250mm becomes 150mm

Thx man. I’m gonna grab that shrink and see if it works

Best bat yet :v:
Well done @iNoLikeFlexyDecks !

Uploading: IMG_20200814_004113.jpg…

5 Likes

Made some good progress on the pack today. Did the main terminals and all the series connections. Pack gave me the proper voltage (37 and some change) as I had all the cells at nominal. Roughed in the bms and did some additional insulation. Had a bit of a scare as I forgot a very important precaution and was rushing a bit. Some sparks and a lesson learned- always cover connections you’re not working on :man_facepalming:
Next up, wiring the bms. I’m likely gonna get that done tonight but not sure yet… Been working on the pack all damn wk and might just take 'er easy tonight w a cocktail and perhaps some of Canada’s finest concentrates. I’ve fuckin earned it :partying_face: Thx for all y’alls help and feedback so far. Would appreciate any comments on my work today as well :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I’m looking for a 12s bms and I found supower bms and I’m wondering if anyone has bought from them before and how long shipping would take to the us