The battery builders club

damnit. now iā€™m on the TS 80/100 hype train again.

2 Likes

Love mine - does the trick for sure and being able to run off my power bank is super handy

I find silicone trivets the bestest things EVARā€¦ a soldering pointā€¦ a cocktail coaster, a dollar at the dollar-storeā€¦ no fireā€¦ non-slipā€¦

itā€™s natures perfect soldering upon materialā€¦

1 Like

I have bothā€¦ and both are greatā€¦ I take them with me on adventuresā€¦ but when Iā€™m at homeā€¦ I fire up the Aoyue with the flux dispenser the solder reel,ā€¦ the feel of a real thingā€¦

I have an Aoyue 9378 and a fukton of tipsā€¦ if I canā€™t solder with thatā€¦ I have a big assed weller iron with a 1/4 wide tipā€¦ or a torchā€¦ but in all honesty if you need more heat than thatā€¦ improve technique or crimp wiresā€¦ too much heat is bad vibrationallyā€¦

fess you can have bothā€¦

ok fukkersā€¦ we sent @whaddys thru the millā€¦

throw rocks at these two random qwik solder joinsā€¦

itā€™s only 18ga on 1.5 nickle but I feel a crareful observer will understand the techniqueā€¦ and I am not above helpful or poking fun criticismā€¦

that is a way out. buying a TS100, TS80, a weller, a hakko, and a X-tronic. simple.

well. they said TS100. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Only thing would be using a Dremel for roughing up the nickel, you get a much cleaner puddle from itā€¦but thatā€™s just nit picking

6 Likes

Kook, Iā€™m expecting a ā€œweā€™re going streakingā€ , nickel hybrid joke.

1 Like

yeah Iā€™ll take itā€¦ fully scratchedā€¦ the bottom pool is NASA specā€¦ the top pool too much solder wandering but it still passedā€¦ notice the lack of wire burn?

almost zero solder wanderā€¦ no lack of fusionā€¦ no cold joinā€¦ look closerā€¦

The fact that the TS80 uses more power really bothers meā€¦I canā€™t in justify the TS100 when it has less chooch in use

1 Like

The joints look perfect still, I normally like them to sit flat but your wires definitely stay cooler than mine

1 Like

I like the wire not over-heated or the soldering not traveling up the wireā€¦

2 Likes

I definitely need more practice with that on heavy stuff, 10awg usually fights me enough to have a noticable stiff section

1 Like

Hate it lol joining 2x 10awg wires into a loop key is death

1 Like

XT90 connectors are not so bad, itā€™s getting the long lines that I use for my pack terminations that gets me

This but itā€™s just 2" of open strands on a single piece of nickel (this is an old pack, donā€™t bother roasting)

Did one yesterday and it went better than usual, down to about 5mm of stiffness past the end of the nickel with 12awg

3 Likes

Yeah I am going to do that for my pos and negative leads lol itā€™s gonna be bad

Iā€™m assuming you fluxed it and all?

it still amazes me you get those insulation cutsā€¦ I donā€™t have the intuition or the patience for thatā€¦

kudos

2 Likes

Iā€™m too tired to understand things, can you explain?

1 Like

Shaving away the little bits in the wire to solder to

1 Like