The battery builders club

lil schematic but you proly know how you have to do it by now

2 Likes

how do you know where the pos and neg plug into the balance plug?

You just have to identify the cell and trace the leads back to it, negative on the negative end of the cell and positive on the positive end of the cell

5 Likes

Not to keep this going on purpose… but just ran across one of these possibly being used as a BMS in the wild.

@thisguyhere any idea how this held up?

2 Likes

i’ll have to check, it was a buddy’s build. probably be a while till i see him though. and he’s not the type that’s gonna open it up to measure voltages…

2 Likes
2 Likes

PSA: got me some legit nickel from Steel City Store on Ali Express. They have all different kinds and plated steel too so read carefully before buying. I got 30mm wide and 25mm wide. The 30mm x.2mm is particularly useful for them high amp cells

#Aliexpress US $24.50 30%OFF | 0.2mm * 30mm Pure Nickel Plate Strap Strip Sheets 99.96% pure nickel for Battery electrode electrode Spot Welding Machine

passed dremel spark test and soldering test.

3 Likes

aww HELLLL YEEHAW

Would anyone like to get some and distribute?

I can. How much would you want?
I have a bunch of 25mm x15 here if you can use that

Maybe 3m? I have 25x.2 on hand but I would like some but the 30mm would be nice for 21xxx cells

1 Like

OK, I just ordered a full kilo. Should be enough to go around.
Check back at the end of July :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You are a wonderful necromancer and I love you

1 Like

First weld of the new welder…ehh?

2 Likes

Looks a little heavy to me but better than your sunkko ones

Maybe the left spot didn’t have as much pressure as the right one so it burned a little

That was 45J, so I dropped it to 35J and it seems nicer

1 Like

What thickness? I got good looking ones at 50J on 0.2mm thick

1 Like

It’s supposed to be 0.2mm, the dial calipers say 0.21mm

This is 35J now

It will run from any power source from 10 to 18 volts DC, and sufficient current. It’s a 5.5x2.5mm barrel jack. Keep in mind that this is different from the more common 5.5x2.1 barrel jack you find on many 12v power supplies. 5.5x2.5 is more commonly found on laptop chargers, but I can’t recommend using a laptop charger because they’re typically 18.5 or 19v, which is above the maximum rating of the B6.

I run my charger from a 12v 220w Dell power brick that I have modified by soldering a 5.5x2.5mm jack to the output cable.

1 Like

Should I be adding a bank of capacitors between my battery and esc? I’m running 12s so I’m trying to do the best I can to reduce voltage spikes between the two any way I can. My battery leads are short, I run moderate settings (90-100bat, 65 to 75motors, -60brakes and -20 regen) but I’m really hard on the throttle. My terrain varries from flat to 30°+. I’ve popped more drv’s than I care to admit so I’m looking to see if I’m overlooking something in successfully running a 12s board long term.

Or I’ll just fuck off and wait for stormcore.

1 Like