The battery builders club

I agree with Andy. Original Amass XT30/60/90 connectors can handle a lot of current. The knockoffs are somewhat more hit-or-miss.

How can one tell a real Amass vs a knockoff?

2 Likes

https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/product/13s-48v-li-ion-battery-pcb-board-54-6v-lithium-bms-with-60a-discharge-current-for-electric-motorcycle-and-e-scooter-protection-2-2-3-2-2-2-2-2/

This is what you want brother. Might be able to find it cheaper on Ali, but i have had good luck ordering straight from the source.

2 Likes

How do we not have a Smart BMS thread yet? I have so many questions about mine that the search function can not answer. Is anyone who is better at making/managing a thread than I am willing to kick it off?

@wandagoner I dont know if you have any experience with these BMS’s, but I have been really impressed with threads you have done before, think you could help us battery micromanagers out? @glyphiks same to you.

2 Likes

Look’s good :+1: I kind of miss that deck… it’s nice to see a pic of her being treated so well :blush: Version 2.0 will have a lot more room to breath… and other shit.

3 Likes

No need to start a new one. This thread is fucking excellent…

8 Likes

@janpom is the best.

9 Likes

:blush:

6 Likes

It’s been 40 mins already, I’d just like to skate before midnight :battery::adult:‍:rocket:

The Ninja in me: render my iOS emojis or die.

7 Likes

It just started raining here @Arzamenable… hope its dry on the other side of the tracks there.

In other news, I’m testing out this nickel… how much salt do I put? … Nevermind, I’ll just make it salty as f@ck.

and we got @Bobby’s smart BMS working now, I gotta say, being able to check individual cell voltages is money money money :money_with_wings:

10 Likes

Ya know you could test it faster by blowing a weld through the nickel lol. Take one strip and weld it high power in the air. If it blows a hole with no sparks its nickel. The more sparks the more steel is in it

2 Likes

One quick step (not 100% guaranteed but super easy) is to look at them. The Amass ones say Amass on them, and the knockoffs often don’t.

The Amass ones also have thicker, stiffer, more yellow housings, with more glass fiber. The knockoffs are often slightly paler and more flexible.

2 Likes

I may as well try and juggle while riding a uni-cycle one legged all the while drinking a margarita…

1 Like

haha, @deucesdown and were just talking about alternative nickel tests! He recommended the “dremel spark test”. we were trying to figure out how to ID stainless steel.

1 Like

nickel vs steel at 50J pulse

9 Likes

Is that an ios app?

1 Like

yup! For some reason my Android would not connect, maybe because my phone is so crappy

1 Like

Excellent! Whats the ios app called? Is it on the app store?

1 Like

I bet the fakes melt faster…

1 Like

Is anyone aware of s sale on 40t cells going on right now? Would like a hundred or so

1 Like