The battery builders club

Is there any cheaper balance chargers for 12s than the one you bought? And what port is best for the balancing?

2 Likes

My thinking is somewhat like Mr. Tetra. Something onboard that maybe gives a green-yellow-red on cell voltages, and a multipin port to balance periodically or when indicated.

There are many many different plugs you can use. Gx16 or gx20 are pretty widely available.

As for the balance chargers, i really don’t know. I had a bit of a look around the other night and finding products and product reviews was a little bit harder than I’d anticipated. So i just bought the one that I had used.

1 Like

If I have (2) battery packs, 1, 12s3p the other 12s2p combined in parallel to make 12s5p. Can I have a smart in both and get a 12s5p reading?

If you are using 2 BMSs you’d get 2 readings…you can combine them permanently and use 1 but that’s a lot of work

There’s a few listed there. I think Graupner also makes one. None are cheap.

1 Like

hmmmm

80€ shipping :face_with_monocle:
The one from @glyphiks you can get for $250 US + round about 50$ shipping directly from Ultra Power.

The good thing on the one you linked, you can charge 1-12s (or as min it looks like) the Ultra charger can do only 6-12s.

2 Likes

Anyone know anything about these?

1 Like

I was guessing they were A123 Cells, @PrivacyDoctor pointed out they are a shit deal compared to the 12S4P packs from batteryhookup.

3 Likes

Need a power supply, but this is an interesting option. That balance current is psweet.

3 Likes

But these are lions right? I thought a123s are lifes?

1 Like

12v nominal so I was thinking they were 4S2P life

1 Like

FWIW Stanley has some nice planes at good prices but I am sure you already know that :wink:

https://www.stanleytools.com/products/hand-tools/cutting-tools/planers

1 Like

It is a bit pricey for a BMS, but it would make an excellent balance Charger IMO!

It’s kind of funny. Lie-Nielsen cloned the best of the old stanley hand planes for big bucks and built a very successful business. And their clones are getting cloned by the Chinese, and good quality versiones are sold by Woodcraft and Rockler.

1 Like

Tesa 61395

or

Tesa 4965

Also, at seams like you’ve pictured, a very light running of superglue across the seam can work well.

1 Like

Will try that, in the end I will have a layer of duct tape running over them that should hold

I have never seen a tighter fit…the long sides are bulging and the lid can barely close. Not sure how to panel mount a XT90 and XT60 to this…

Packing tape loop on the 4p block so I can actually remove it from the box, otherwise they stuck

2 Likes

Pray for me boys… :crossed_fingers:t2:

First charge! 50.4V 2A, 7.5A fuse. Gonna put it next to an open window…it it lights up imma push it out (lands in grass by fire lane, 3 story drop)

9 Likes