The battery builders club

Oh ok thanks

Look ar mouser or similar

O yeah I have actually been eyeing those chargers before.
I know that the regular PCMs works that way. but the HCX-D729V1 doesn’t seem the work that way, at least it has “/” on the balancing part of the chart:
http://www.bestekpower.com/444v12spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/BMS-D729V1.html

1 Like

4.With cell balance/equilibrium function;
You just need to iquire with them to confirm

That is so tricky …
It reminds me doing this in a GX connector with 12 pins for external bms … boooooorring

2 Likes

All the links are the EU site but that have US Site aswell

1 Like

Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for.

Hey @pjotr47, did you get a confirmed answer yet?

Nothing yet

1 Like

Wonder if and one hear can help

1 Like

Is there such a module that plugs into your balance wires and it’s only function is to transmit cell voltages via bluetooth?

3 Likes

ahh man…that would be sweet.

1 Like

I figure it would be a pretty tiny module… and as i would really love to eradicate BMSs from my life, almost necessary.

2 Likes

I feel you, brotha…:v:
Seen BMS’s kill more batteries than anything else

1 Like

Probably because on the forum the lower priced ones from china are seen only.

Im sure if we were using bmss like neptune 15 or some simmilar ones there would be far less problems

4 Likes

I like the idea of a good smart BMS for being able to monitor cell health. But I also like the idea of fucking big batteries in different boards of different voltages. Most BMS aren’t going to supply balance currents high enough to successfully balance big batteries on a short charge cycle.

Balance charging makes much more sense to me. One charger for multiple boards, multiple voltages and less room taken up in the enclosures by a BMS that could fail for any number of reasons.

Why would you add a critical component into a volatile environment when it is completely unnecessary?

4 Likes

I agree on all counts. One charger type for any number of toys (skates, bikes,drones, etc?). But I also realize it’s an inconvinience to have a balance charger setup. Most people just want to plug it in and go. The boards I pass onto friends all get BMS conversions.

2 Likes

I quality battery will not get out of balance from one charge cycle. You can just have an easy brick charger if you want to charge on the way.
There people who where running there boards over years without bms or balance charger just checked p group voltage from time to time with a multimeter.

Edit: I might have gotten that a bit wrong, but still, people could charge there pack with an easy brick charger all week long and put it once a week on the balance charger to double check that everything is still how it should be.
But I get that this is still too much work for the one or the other.

1 Like

Thats what I’m thinking. I know that I would wanna open up and check balance probably more often that I need to. Little module would eliminate that.

2 Likes

Just wondering peoples thoughts regarding bms stuff:
i had a chat with bestekpower recently and they mentioned that the majority of BMS’es these days are without balancing! and he recommended me to go without that function. His argument was that brand cells these days are very stable and as long as they are from the same batch it doesn’t matter too much.

Idk my instinct have always been to always go for balancing but who knows?
I might actually grab myself a few of these tiny ones and go to town and se what happens in a couple of months.

I have also looked at cell balancing boards:
http://bestechpower.com/balanceboard/jh09.html
but if im not mistaken they can’t be compared as apples to apples, to a bypassed bms with a balancing function.