The battery builders club

That’s assuming they both hold.

1 Like

What is this?

2 Likes

Pain. Agony, even.

3 Likes

Yea its 5A/weld point so 2 points is only 10A. There are so many other issues with the “pack” though

2 Likes

I have no idea. Maybe Ted is fixing old ChiBattery stuff.

3 Likes

hey @Trampa , this is a good thread to follow for the latest in battery building tips. I’d read through here. There are a lot of folks here who have made many packs with zero issues. I’m sure they would be more than happy to give some pointers!

14 Likes

Kudos for warning customers, whatever it might be.

9 Likes

Dang that’s rough, I wonder if it’s some kind of abrasion issue that causes a short or something

1 Like

Nah, that would’ve been found during their extensive testing

9 Likes

shots fired

1 Like

I know you are being /s but

Sometimes you can’t find things like that in preliminary testing

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, you can only predict so much

5 Likes

And this is why I just follow the best practices listed in this thread, I get to use the combined experience of everyone here.

1 Like

but they have such
EXTENSIVE testing!

outdoing the apex airs and all that :joy:

Well, we had one issue that could cause an issue for customers and we can resolve it and add extra safety in the software, basically doing some self tests with feedback to the user. So we will add that feature in and offer an update for everyone. In the end we all want to be safe and have the best possible monitoring at all times. This is now being worked on…

8 Likes

Yep

You have to admit though the PCB idea is very interesting and makes it incredibly easy to assemble

1 Like

“we have an issue
we don’t know the issue
but we have an issue
we know the issue
but we have an issue”

what’s the issue here?

6 Likes

Lol I have a feeling we are not going to get to find out

1 Like

Yeah, testing helps identify some issues but there’s no substitute for hundreds of miles.

What’s important is how well a company handles an issue like this and seems like trampa are taking the right first steps. I’m sure they will work it out and make it right.

11 Likes

I think it is not wise to bash brands for actually communicating with their customers and keep everyone safe.
If the DieBMS would have a SW glitch detected, for sure everyone would like to know and this should be kept best practice in the industry. If we think there could be a chance that someone could make a mistake, we better sort it out and stay safe till then. Also we have seen that during the pandemic not only grade A cells found their way into the market…

11 Likes

Ennoid would have told us more details though

4 Likes