The battery builders club

I didn’t, but then I can always add the padding in my pack. It’s tight in there though.

4 Likes

How are you going to attach the p groups and keep them modular?

Tldr?

2 Likes

Yes lol.

1 Like

good example of a terrible battery

3 Likes

Not terrible, thanks to
@Andy87
@ducktaperules
@Acido
@Flasher

And everyone else that contributes :heart:

17 Likes

Hi guys,
After some research, I just ordered these BMSs, on aliexpress. but could still cancel the order.
Does anyone have experience or knowledge about these?

12s 120A $65 +$15 shipping

12s 60A $25

6s-13s 80A $25 (already shipped)

Also, any experiences with Dickyho’s 10s 45A BMS?

The daly bmss have a very low balancing current, but othee than that they are solid :slight_smile:

Also I got a few 12s d140 i do not need if you want

2 Likes

How many people have had issues due to low balancing currents if they started with a balanced pack?

That would be lovely!

1 Like

What does a low balancing current mean?

This bms has 35mA while others like D140 have 130mA

2 Likes

What are the advantages/disadvantages of a low balancing current though?

http://liionbms.com/php/wp_balance_current.php

1 Like

Thanks!

Looks like as long as the pack starts balanced then 35mA should be fine

• 10 mA is sufficient for small back-up supply applications (10 kWh), 100 mA for large applications (100 kWh)
  • 100 mA is sufficient to handle any automotive application (10 kWh, plugged in nightly)
  • 1 A is sufficient for large pack applications, other than back-up (> 100 kWh, cycled daily)

It can be but trust me you want a higher current

1 Like

What an understatement, that looks fucking professional. This is one of the tidiest packs I’ve seen here in a while, I’m sure it will last you for a long time without problems.

I’m expecting big things for the rest of this build now :slight_smile:

6 Likes

D140 are like $22 right now. I think its $12 to ship to usa.

1 Like

Fixed that for you

2 Likes

Silicone the p groups. I feel good siliconing the cells together rather than hot glue, but goddamn i hate waiting for it to cure :rofl:

11 Likes

Thank you kindly, mate, I learned from the best​:wink:! I love what you’re doing with the CNC wigets. That battery welder is sick, are you able to make money selling packs like that? Lol, this is my third pack and I would have to charge so much that no one would buy it :rofl:

Anyway, leaning this skill is very valuable to me, I simply love zooming down the street with a battery I built. And now I feel like I can fix anything that runs on these Li cells.

I might get suckered into some crazy project, though…

4 Likes