The battery builders club

Thanks, one more question, should I set the sides of the folded part so it doesn’t hang past the width of the cells?

3 Likes

personally I would cut it, just for the look but it doesn’t really change anything so up to you I guess

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like it would be an issue with the balance leads doest it? It shouldn’t rub on anything.

1 Like

depends on how you run your leads and how your pack is layed out

1 Like

what magnets does everyone use (should i know anything before buying) i need to get in on these things (makes life so much easier)

1 Like

Self designed xd
3d printed holder with 10*3mm magnet on the bottom.
It’s super useful to pull cells out of the boxes and also holds nickel down super nice :new_moon_with_face:

If enough request is there I can put these on thingiverse ^^

6 Likes

please do

1 Like

5 hours down 30 to go, for just one side.

Rectangular ports for wire connections and the center tunnel for balance leads. Smaller round holes for bolting lids together larger holes through bolting 3 of these units together. I’ll design a handle to mount to the through bolts as well.

Had to cut a larger mirror to fit it on my print bed, it almost rubs on the frame.

4 Likes

What hotend and extruder are you using if I may ask?

It’s a modded version of the craftrum direct drive from thingiverse and a trianglelab dragon hotend.

1 Like

Are you able to print flexible filament with it or not really ?

I should be able to print anything, I have some tpu but have not tried it yet. This is an all metal hotend. There is no tube anywhere under the bmg extruder

2 Likes

Is it possible to have the LLT Smart BMS to balance without charging? Like always on?

nvm found it. :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Seen a few people using 8000ma lipos where are they brought from? And which ones best?

Was thinking about changing from 12s lithium iron battery and maby two 8000 per s, what’s best number to use in series? I have sprinted dual vesc, so 75v mac 100a

Not sure what sort of range you could get from them looking for 10 miles max?

(wouldn’t be supprised if lipo was just lithium chemistry anyway, I’m sure lithium chemistry would Last as many cycles if used in such low voltage spread, would imagine if you ran between 40% to 60% of lithium you could get as many cycles as lipo)

Thank you

2 Likes

I used to run 4x 3S 8000mAh Zippy LiPos from hobbyking for a total of ~350Wh, ran fine, only gave me about 6-7Ah @ 12s unfortunately but they ran for well over 300 cycles and have now been retired to spot welding. I’d get about 18-22km which is about 12 miles.

If I were in your shoes, I’d run 5x 3s packs for a total of 15s, while keeping some headroom for voltage spikes n whatnot.

Do it :ok_hand:

10 Likes

looking good?

the single nickle connection wasnt great as i had to use 2 pieces (no 15mm nickle)

welds are all very strong (rip nickle around them)

4 Likes

Yes I am trimming it like that :+1:

1 Like

thought on series connection? (4x 16awg silicone wire should be able to carry 35amps a piece)

1 Like

Is there any reason why you’re soldering so close to the edge of the nickel? You could reasonably solder the same connections in the middle of the nickel as below and would significantly reduce your risk, which imo is high soldering that close to the shoulder of the pos terminals. One stray ball of solder and you have a dead short.

3 Likes