The battery builders club

Looks like solid 12AWG wire with the insulation stripped off.

That’s what I’d use.
Cheap, easy, and readily available.

3 Likes

Just Amazon, it’s 14awg

2 Likes

10awg for bigger packs, 12awg for 3p or less, bullet connectors for me. Usually I fit them so tight in the enclosures the xt connectors are in the way. Also allows me to reconfigure modules as I wish later on.

Anyone seen this? 40T cells with 50A discharge
https://www.nkon.nl/samsung-inr21700-40t3-4000mah-50a.html

1 Like

Ya @Battery_Mooch already reviewed these

https://www.facebook.com/batterymooch/posts/2925384637751103

1 Like
4 Likes

I had a few days off work so finished my first battery, well thought I did anyway.

Plugged the charger in, heard a little pop. The charge light stays green (not charging). Just wondering if anyone can give advice on what to look for. Maybe I wired the bms wrong? I check the charger and port polarity before soldering and was reading 50v. Since it went pop it reads 0, guess my chargers bricked?

1 Like

Looks like you have a LifePO BMS (36v), and you used a 50v charger (50.4v is 12s Li-ion)? Also fuse your charge port, itll save your house.

What cells did you use?

4 Likes

Oh dear! I just brought a 12s bms thinking they was the same. I have got one of the fuse holders but was unsure what fuse to use, the ones that came with it are yellow and just says 20 on the top.

1 Like

Sorry my cells are saunsung 40t 12s3p

Cells should be alright, check the p groups. Might be able to get away with just swapping in the correct BMS. Aside from other visible issues.

1 Like

I checked the p groups and they’re fine. I think I found the right bms and won’t have to change the balance leads as the diagram looks the same. It just has an extra cable for charge/discharge. Also ordered a fuse, thanks for the heads up. If I’m getting no voltage reading on the charger is that completely fried you think? I don’t mind ordering another one but what a waste :roll_eyes:

daly doesn’t commercially make a 12s bms. @BenjaminF has some 12S daly bms, or if you wanna open it up you can use a 13s daly BMS and short the 2 last balance leads (I think). I’d just get the duckbatterysystems 12s daly.

1 Like

I did see duckbatterysystems but wasn’t sure if they shipped to UK.

Anyone have an opinion on these? Was thinking about making a 12s1p with these, or for lots of range, a 12s2p
[LG LGZ P34(B) Li-Ion High-Drain Cell – Battery Clearing House]

3 Likes

No but i was thinking about buying some for science. Be the first :1st_place_medal:

2 Likes

Thanks for the mention, Evan :kissing_heart:

We do :slightly_smiling_face: We have lots of shipping options at lots of different prices. If you go with us, dont forget to use the code “ESK8.NEWS” at checkout for 6.9% off :wink:

1 Like

Whoever suggested paper guillotines and photo book corner chompers for nickel, this is cheating and I love it :smiley:

They’ve probably both paid themselves off in time already

11 Likes

Also you can get BMS stuff from us UK vendors. Might save a headache shipping small stuff from the US (I’ve been waiting like 5 months for some stuff from @surfnacho D: )
Apex Customs: Small Daly BMS (10S/12S/14S/16S)
Me: DALY Lithium Ion (3.7v) Smart BMS for 12S/10S – Nexus Boards

2 Likes

Tried to edit comment not delete, thanks for your help