The battery builders club

Found this on https://onewheelrider.eu/

lil scary

what do you guys think?

Also is that duct tape…?

3 Likes

Aftermarket onewheel packs are, as a whole, are horrifyingly low quality compared to the packs most builders on here build/sell. Even the most reputable builders of OW packs still do things very frowned upon with the packs we produce. If that’s a market you want to jump into with your battery building venture, the competition would benefit everyone to build safer and more price competitive packs.

8 Likes

I’m curious what you think, currently on the fence of getting VTC5A for my next pack. They have less power density than VTC6, less internal resistance, also seem more reliable. Downside is ofcourse 400mah less capacity, which is fine I think.

1 Like

I’m already looking into it…

I did a lot of research last week and Chi makes a shit ton of money on their packs

At this point I’m 95% sure how to build packs like theirs and sell them at a price like 15-20% less and still make a good amount of $$$

2 Likes

With safer build quality - I’m not going to be cutting any corners at all

1 Like

Here’s this and a thread with some info if you haven’t found it already:

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been all through that thread, along with some OW reddit, facebook, discord, and more

2 Likes

Currently members of the OW discord are working on pulling the FW off the BMS to fix battery upgrade capacity issues. It’s definitely possible as the onewheelrider.eu websites sells FW adjustements for ~$120 bucks!

1 Like

Just had a little spark is it safe to say this cell needs to be replaced now?

2 Likes

:scream: Yup

3 Likes

Badly done shrink wrap?

Lower capacity doesn’t always equal less running time. It depends on how hard you’re using the cells. How much current per cell are you drawing continuously? In bursts?

2 Likes

Look what’s covering the nickel on the back row of cells

1 Like

OMG…silver duct tape. I completely missed seeing that.

3 Likes

This would be huge overkill for your application and also you wont really be able to solder it with your small iron.

3 Likes

Yeah was told
Apperenttly copper is way harder than silicone wire so just gonna do that instead
2x 12awg wires for series

1 Like

Thanks man I’ll have to dig out that cells and rewrap lol

1 Like

look what just came

2 Likes

Have you considered the NESE kits?

9 Likes

not interested sadly
gonna be careful and do this right

layed them out in the enclosure to calculate space
got your nickel tabs coming this week or next