The battery builders club

yeah lmao WTF I was going to hook up AWD to one of the A123 12S4P M1B modules… not sure why you need the extra 2P it’s just extra size and weight at that point

Lol my friend wanted range and we used most of the batteries from the lot that he bought. It will never see its full potential amps out lol

It’s only been on one ride so far but I expect as much lol he’s got two maytech open motors, they’re beasts

2 Likes

Add a couple 1kW headlights? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Lmao we only built it out to be able to support around 120a continous (ish) so I guess not but if we beefed it up some more maybe! :joy: :joy:

The series connection at cell 6 may be limiting factor, it’s dual 12awg copper wire. Besides that he’s only got a makerx go-foc retro so I’m guessing we can push max like 90 battery amps if we really try

Basically he can use this battery for a LONG time. I’m hoping the range pays off, hoping for 25 miles at least

It’s a big boy. Gonna update his build thread soon

6 Likes

If anyone is looking for a spot welder kit or a spare. Battery, charger, everything you would need.

Need help with figuring out #of p groups. Can someone do a rendering for me?

1 Like

I can whip something up while I’m waiting for zoom class to end, give me a min.

Edit: Ahhh its test day give me like 25 mins

1 Like
5 Likes

20700 cells work because I can fit five rows like this.

1 Like

Better yet is 12s6p 18650. What’s the most reliable cell out of these three?

the sanyos. but if you’re going to be pulling close to that 60A, I’d probably go 30Q.

1 Like

It’s a 25a scooter esc

ah, 35E would be ok then. The m36 is poopoo @ any ample draw.

1 Like

Thanks.

Loving this Thickel strip on the 12s8p that’s ever so slightly coming together

15 Likes

Yooooo.
Where did you get that there nickel?

Getting so close on the flux pack…

If I had that sweet wide ass nickel @KfromtheBay has Id be done by now…

Should I try to heat shrink each of the 3 sections when I’m done?

4 Likes

Looks like it should be doable! Just slip them sections down from the top after soldering your series. Or do it as you go. I sure had fun doing each individual P group on the proto :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I did it, but don’t think it’s necessary

13 Likes

That is a hell of an example you pulled there. Thanks dude.
I think I’ll probably try it.

1 Like