The battery builders club

Hi Les-

No, you just the need a single 10s BMS.

1 Like

I think I’ve read those tend to melt? And they’re rated for 12v right?

I believe vruzend is a bit chintzy. Take a look at NESE, it’s a lot more robust.

2 Likes

These get mixed reviews. If you search a bit, you’ll see that. They make the finished battery a lot bigger than it needs to be.

1 Like

Les just joined us from Builder’s, guys. Welcome!

1 Like

Thank you guys. Really appreciate all the info seeing a thread with 1097 replies about building, I nearly fell out of my chair.

3 Likes

Another great area for anything you’re totally unsure about is here:

Is there any difference between fusing the positive and the negative?

1 Like

Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

• I’m gonna change it to a sand filled one
    (I liked the clean look of the glass fuse)
  • there is pretty much nothing I can do about that :man_shrugging:t2:
  • wires can bend easily right behind the chargeport
1 Like

Not really, just make sure there is a fuse c:

1 Like

If you, like me, don’t want to weld packs and prefer modular packs, there is a much better way: NESE. They are available for 18650 and 21700 cells.

I have them in two of my boards and have put 1200km on one and more than 400km on the other.

3 Likes

charge cycles? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

edited to reflect that i meant km

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m starting to order parts for my battery build, but does anyone know if ru.nkon site is down? Shipping quotes aren’t available and I can’t order any 30q

1 Like

Your timing is unfortunate.

1 Like

:sob: damn, that was the only site what sold $2.74/30q cell for the US. All the other sites sell them around $4.75/cell for 30q. :sleepy: guess I’m not building packs anymore

2 Likes

I actually read somewhere it’s not. You are supposed to place the fuse between the main negative on you battery and B- on the bms. The fuse should then be placed as close as possible to B-.

@taz is the man I believe that said that.

The way it’s wired now, will only protect the charger from toasting the BMS but by doing it the other way, you’ll be protecting the battery. I have one each place.

I’m not completely sure if that’s how it actually is, but just what I think I remember. Please don’t hang me up on it but correct me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I build batteries, on my thread the pricing is explained, if you need more info just send me a message

One more set of welds and then it’s on to the balance tabs and S connections.

3 Likes

I’m interested in that system I’ve never built a battery before i figure this will help me learn.

Click on those orange links. You’ll know what to do.

1 Like