The battery builders club

I concur…their longitudinal concurrence tendencies can often cancel out axial instabilities.

6 Likes

Mooch and k00k concur!

6 Likes

13 Likes

keep the weld bends on the deck side to minimize issues if you have to do it that way.

1 Like

Hi, i was thinking of charging my 10s battery (2x5s in series) with imax b6. is it possible to use 8 pin porrt for each of the batteries so i dont have to plug the xt60 and the jst connecor to the charger?https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/32865941375.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1490579510bl0S&algo_pvid=4f1402d3-5cc0-4871-afd5-c538b1516fa5&algo_expid=4f1402d3-5cc0-4871-afd5-c538b1516fa5-10&btsid=0b0a01f816019896556312131e186f&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_ i just would like not to open the battery box each time i have to charge, Thanks.

yup

3 Likes

Thanks, so I just use 6pins for balance cables and two for the main power cables?

for 10s there are 6 balance leads and two power leads. so 8 pins total. don’t get cheap and go 7 pin like me. it works but it’s not right

2 Likes

why 7? if charger needs the main voltage reading and the 6 pin connector

1 Like

I believe if you you are doing a fast charge, it doesn’t go by the balance leads but rather only by the 2 main ones

3 Likes

so there would be no point in using balance leads, just plug in to 10s power supply

1 Like

Well…I wouldnt recommend not balancing them. LiPo don’t like it when you don’t care for them

kinda like my wife

2 Likes

sure, i would like to charge the battery correctly but im not sure if i should get 7pin for 5s or 8 pin connector

I’d say go for 8 as @iamasalmon recommended. It’s already a 6s +mains. Keeping it that way would mean 8pin.

1 Like

Thank you for help :slight_smile:

1 Like

@iamasalmon did most of the work, I go off from what I’ve learnt from them

2 Likes

Hope this is the right place to post this.
I recently bought a used (~10 cycles) 10s5p 30Q battery pack (before I learned about the quality control issues on the more recent packs from the builder :eyes:)

The pack seems to be built with double stacked 0.1mm x 8mm nickel for the p-groups and four strips of the same nickel for the series connections.

The battery lead connections are obviously not enough, just 1 strip of nickel. How would you guys recommend improving them? Do you guys see any other serious issues?

1 Like

Weak solder joints, bottle necks from super low nickel mass and poor layout, no accommodation for flex, no parallel group insulation, messy balance leads, cold welds…dude that’s sus at best

5 Likes

Is it worth trying to salvage?

I am of the current opinion that salvaging batteries sucks, if you have a lot of time it can be done but the amount of money you save is hardly worth the time so you gotta be hella bored for it to be worthwhile

10 Likes