The Banana [DIY MTB Build]

Yes that would work as well, I am just curious if there’s any reason to use a different sized bearing on the inside of the hub to bring the wheel closer in.

SOS!!!

I’m looking for some help i’ve had a day today.

I shorted my charge port

Went to the local hobby shop and they were able to toss a new connector on as i’m nowhere from home. Big shoutout to the guy up here who got me sorted

But!
Now that i’m charging it I notice the bms is having problems showing all the cells.

It’s seems to not show them every now and then but only when charging. I’ve noticed its started to be less and less, but does anyone have idea on what it could be?
Charge Fet failed? Relay blown?

Disregard the Fet software lock as it does it regardless. I have discharge bypassed.

Not trying to burn down the hotel i’m staying in. Thanks Yall

My instinct would be to disconnect BMS completely from battery -, remove balance connector, wait a while, reconnect, and see.

Don’t know if the windows treatment would be effective.

I know nothing.

How did you short the charge port?

1 Like

Sweet, That is what I ended up doing and its looking like its working now.

I was a dummy, thru and thru. My dumbass was like “hmm I dont want to pull the strap all the way off to open the box completely, let me just pry the charge port out so I can grab it with my fingers”

Yeah no thats not how it works if you use an allen key :man_facepalming:

That is one of those things you don’t even need to do, to know not to do it, and I just straight up blanked on it. Accepting all hate lol

4 Likes

Glad you got it working again.

I am considering panel mount xt60s as a charge port , or parallel esc port on future enclosures and was wondering if it was subject to odd angle fat fingered low light reverse polarity shenanigans.

I think you might get yelled at for not having a fused charge port :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, and yeah I think I should get yelled at tbf

I didn’t fuse it because it I didn’t expect myself to be stupid, which is the whole reason a fuse exists lol

I need to panel mount the charge port too, which I might do sooner now that this happened and I might as well put a fuse in while im at it.

Since I wasn’t running the strap before it wasn’t a problem but now that the box wants to stay closed all the time im just gonna have to cut some holes.

All in all I would say dont put an allen in the port and youll be good

1 Like

Any connection coming from the battery should be female to avoid such shenanigans.

I think it’s possible that when you shorted the port, you damaged your balance connections… but keep an eye on it.and see how it goes if itsworking again now :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I’ve had this cells disappearing issue on my llt previously. I am pretty sure it’s just a software issue with the overkill solar app. When I was having this issue I opened up the xiaoxiang app and it was showing normal. Then I opened up the overkill solar and it was showing like this. Repeated it a few times everytime overkill solar would do this but the xiaoxiang app wouldn’t.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and the issue disappeared

2 Likes

Okay this makes me feel better about it then because It seemed to be balancing the cells correctly they just weren’t popping up.

It seems to have fixed itself at this point

1 Like

We all do dumb shit like that once in a while, is a good way to get back on your a game when dealing with these batteries as they have some serious juice. I call that a cheap lesson… also fuse your new female charger port :heart:

1 Like

Okay I finally did away with the dongle to xt60 to charge and changed to a single pin port that I had laying around.

Oh and I put that fuse in there too lol

Look at me i’m learning

2 Likes

On that note l I just put new bearings in my motors as well and started to think about new ones entirely.

Anyone got a good deal on a set of 63100 or 6374 motors? 170kv and up and would be awesome if they are 18s capable. Will be stepping up the power soon

I’ve got a pair of TB 6380’s (190kv) with MR60 connectors on them (8mm shaft) kicking around if they would work for you.

1 Like

Hey all if my remote connects but nothing happens vesc is blown right?

I think the tenka finally shit the bed and it fucked me today

2 Likes

4 miles, 3 hours, and a missed train and I made it home finally.

Tenka is smoked.

Does anyone have a vesc for sale on hand?
This is my commuter so I’m gonna be stuck walking that 4 miles (2x) everyday.

Flipsky, Ubox, Unity, Stormcore, skp, whatever you got I need one. 18s would be a plus

3 Likes

@Shadowfax you still got the esc from the lacroix sitting around?

3 Likes

It went to a new home already

2 Likes

Luckily was able to get parts a little more punctual than I was originally thinking so hopefully another week or so and it’ll be back up and running.

New SKP Dual and a set of Bioboard 65100 motors otw.

I also happened to get a screamin deal on an oldschool MBS Pro12 deck on ebay so the og banana deck will be put away for a new project. Making this round of upgrades almost like a new board lol.

Ive been to rehab once before and I’m feeling like I might need it again for esk8 lol, they aint lying when they say its an addiction

“And then god said, Let there be amps!”

Goddamn this thing is so fucking cool. Coming from a tenka to a Solo this was a big jump but well worth it.

@Skyart this thing rocks!

I’m running at 12s while I wait on a battery, and the case is also temporary, printing out a case as i’m writing this with about 6 hours left on it.

I needed to get it finished so I could ride to and from work for a couple days while the rest of the stuff shows up.

So far it’s amazing i’ve gone up and down the street and it feels like a different animal. So much power just at the ready.

I have been riding my backup meepo for a week and let me say I am just about ready to throw it into the ocean.

Pelican Case is an M40 and it’s just stuck on with vhb, move a little but not much.

I did notice the weight different from the tenka to the solos and it makes the board feel like it’s less of a toy now and more something that wants to tear you to pieces. I love it.

Excited to get the rest done I did get the new deck, just holding off until I can have a few days to get it all put together and not have to ride the shmeepo any longer.

2 Likes