The adrenaline thread - Builds, mods, safety gear - Questions and discussions

Maybe this thread don’t need to exist, but will see.

This is a thread for all builders and riders who look for performance and have questions on selecting or setting up equipment, discussions that is not worth their own thread, whether it be advice on race setup, build ideas, concepts and mods, or high performance safety gear.

This is a thread FREE of injections of comments like “unreliable”, “too complicated”, “unnecessary”… Etc. If you are not about speed and pushing the limits (safely), this thread is not for you. Bring the absurd, the ridiculous, the concepts that makes people go wtf?

Edit:
I don’t want to quantify a speed, since everyone has different setups and different skill levels. Don’t matter if you’re a newbie and trying to hit your first 25mph and want to know how to tweak your board, or a seasoned pro looking to break 60+ and wondering if anyone has tried X product or discuss benchmarks. The mindset is you are not here wondering how to install 3 backup ESCs or how many spare belts to keep in your pocket.

2 Likes

What would be considered

Like over 30? 35? 40?

1 Like

I say 50+ (mph)

Edit: or any other mph

1 Like

Damnnn… I only know of 5 people who have broken that on an esk8 … and 2 of them don’t even have usernames :joy:

1 Like

And that’s why this thread was born…

I’m really hoping to get there when I get 120kV DDs. Esk8calc says it’s doable with room to spare. So we shall see…

1 Like

Fixed.

2 Likes

:joy: If I throw on my bigger wheels once my board is up it should do 55mph loaded :neutral_face: @BluPenguin That edit is actually perfect!

2 Likes

Idk what it is with big wheels and really high speeds… but it scares me lol. Idk I feel so far from the ground maybe.

For me to feel comfy at that speed I need like 110s with a drop deck.

Okay that’s it won’t derail the main idea of this thread.

1 Like

I’ve got 155mm’s and 200mm’s coming… If I somehow find a way to mount mod1.5 gears to TB110’s then I can also run those :joy:

I really wanna see a write up from either @Arzamenable or his buddy (Rob?) on their experience of going fast and not eating it…

1 Like

This is the main idea of the thread really. I do get ya though. High board and speed is just odd sometimes. That’s why I’m eyeing that century 40 for my speed sled build

I wanna run some kinda pneumatic for high speed cornering traction, the century drop is beautiful. Right off the ground

2 Likes

Bring people to this thread to talk about things like this without someone going “but that setup is going to get you 5Wh more per km!!!”

2 Likes

I think the thing with high off the ground and high speed is just how you ride… Like I know Mike’s roommates board is high AF from the ground and so is Mike’s.

I would definitely be interested in hearing what @MoeStooge Has To say about this!

1 Like

He’s got those small race rubber wheels, and his deck drops pretty low.

But I think it’s less about how high the board is, rather the height of the top of the deck to the center of the wheel axle. The more distance here, the less stable it feels imo

2 Likes

I feel you on this. If no DS stack is in the cards What do you think we can eek out for S groups. 14s4p? 15s if you go 18650?

I’m getting a redember 44 which @eBoosted is gonna have a DS enclosure for and it has a decent drop maybe I’ll use that for the speed build although I do think the xapham has a bigger drop…

So many questions…

1 Like

I won’t use it if I can’t get a DS enclosure. I’d either make my own or just go with the evo. I need at least 1kWh inside the deck. But eboosted only needs 3 orders which I think there is enough people here, me, you and 1 other person is all we need to get a DS version.

2 Likes

If the math checks out it would be I think 6 enclosures based off the poll. 33% of 21 votes said 1 or more so…

I think I did the mathssss correct

Yeah there’s a few people, I think we’re good. Although when we’ll get it is another thing. peru’s on lockdown he’s probably not going to be able to even make it for another couple weeks

3 Likes