Thanks to people who ride scooters!

I have wanted to build an electric mountainboard for many years, but it is expensive to build. I got interested again this year and it looks like this time I’m going to buy the parts and actually build it.

Battery is a big topic and it looks like the situation is better than 6 years ago when I first looked.

Thanks to people who ride those stupid scooters, I can buy a Xiamo battery 10s3p 7,8Ah for €85.

I plan to buy two and make it 10s6p. The batteries have their own bms and the charger costs €10.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, where did you give a battery like that? I’d be kind of worried about the build quality, especially if it’s not a Xiaomi original

In principal though I agree, more parts on the market (especially pre-manufactured stuff like a battery pack as opposed to loose cells) can be great

5 Likes

Batteries in this price range are pretty lousy. I think you’ll be shocked by how little actual output and range you’ll get. Ask me how I know. :joy:

5 Likes

In e-shops in the Czech Republic. I looked where they could be found in international e-shops and the prices are a bit higher and the confidence in the product lower.

3 Likes

You may look down on folks like us who ride scooters but at least we are riding while we gets parts for a board together. :joy:

Welcome to the forum though! Perhaps your bias against those of us who can’t yet afford a great board (and who need to learn slowly due to age) will moderate over time.

3 Likes

How do you know this? :smiley:

3 Likes

I’m a skatepark guy. We have to say these things. Don’t take it personally.

1 Like

naaaaaaaah you don’t HAAAAVE to say it :joy:

now go build you board! let’s see it

3 Likes

No, you don’t.
I’m a battery guy. I have to say things about buying aftermarket scooter batteries to power a mountain board. But…I…chose…not…to. :slightly_smiling_face:

Instead I welcomed you to the forum and I am hoping that those batteries actually work out well for you.

8 Likes

I think the bigger issue is with the battery life. The lower quality cells will end up fully drained/ dead way faster than better cells will. Which isn’t an issue if the board is only used occasionally.

I drained one in like 6 months of daily use :rofl: Not the same battery but it was a cheaper made 10s4p that came with my first board when I bought it. It was more expensive than the one in this thread so I wouldn’t be surprised if that one goes dead faster than mine did.

Hi I own one. The battery quality isn’t that bad. I’ve had no bad experiences with it yet

1 Like

Skaters sh*t on eSkaters who sh*t on Scooters :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I ride EVERYTHING and still sh*t on scooters, but deep down we lov’em :purple_heart: HAHA

Case in point: my gurl scoots, I skate👆

XiaoYing_Video_1693885943682

till 4am last night teaching her to scoot while I grab imaginary skateboard handlebar pretending to also scoot :rofl::rofl::rofl: Watch this babe: NO HANDS… YOU NEXT!

Dunno bout you but I never had a driving instructor making fun of me for not being able to do burnouts, donuts and powerslides on my first lesson :sweat_smile: HAHAHAHA

What good is life unless it’s worth living

1 Like

I miss something on your skulls :thinking: other than that awesome man, glad you two are enjoying yourselves :blush:

1 Like

Well she’s scooting your posing.

Do a Ollie.

1 Like

They won’t, those xiaomi batts need bms to esc comm. Think OP won’t even squeeze 1 amp out of it before changing the BMS. Or bypassing.

I will just say what I usually just say with these posts:

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

XiaoYing_Video_1693976027790

Yeah, let’s use imaginary tail :sweat_smile:

this is sooooooo wrong :rofl:

XiaoYing_Video_1693976121606

HAHAHAHA

· Forget to bypass
· BMS cuts power on shortcircuit/overheating/lowbattery/etc
· Brakes kaput

:hospital: Patient in emergency ward 6 says he only remembers going downhill :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes