Tesla 2170 for esk8

if you insist I can accept donations as well…

2 Likes

I’ll send you a box of glitter with a single 2170 cell inside

and inside the 2170 will be a 18650… and inside that…

3 Likes

If I was more interested in street boards, or if the batteries were tested for discharge at 15-20a. I’d be right there with you :smiley: I had planned initially (before the “spec sheet” drop) to buy 300ish and never be concerned about having batteries again.

2 Likes

These are for some stupidly large battery packs, so the discharge works out just fine for me.

2 Likes

Now I need to make an order with @Agniusm for some 21700 hardware. Bummer I likely wont get to use the cells till mid September.

1 Like

96 cells in a single pack may or may not be a lot but that’s my goal, 12s8p. If the cells can dish 15amps, thats enough for me to be happy… for now.

I can always go Poly or Iron-phosphate if I want to put together a “power” pack.

3 Likes

I’ve got a 12S12P going into a new long range Carver, a 12S10P (hopefully) fitted into my bomber eBike build, and the rest I have no idea.

5 Likes

I didn’t see this, would you use these? Pretty sure they are no good for us

Are these useful though? Not many people using them and it is easier to just glue the Pgroups together, but maybe.

3 Likes

I mean, definitely be better for separating them than paper, but yeah, don’t really think the cell holders are necessary, although lots of people like them for larger packs because if they do need to disassemble later it’s easier.

Definitely seen lots of big power wall packs and bike packs made from 18650s use the top and bottom plates in the past, but I guess it’s become less common lately.

1 Like

Im really hoping to go the non-destructive route on my pack and use the NESE kit or the “other” one (there is one out there that’s similar to the NESE but i cant remember what its called). Mostly because I dont want to have to also have to buy a spot welder.

1 Like

https://vruzend.com/product/vruzend-battery-kit-v2-0/

Price gone up on it I think.

lol how high was i these are for 18650s

Nah, the Vruzend one isnt the one I was recalling. The NESE “Clone” (for lack of a better way to say it) was a very very similar “brick” style clam-shell 3d printed kit that used braid as the interface material between the battery terminals.

1 Like

This one?

2 Likes

Yeah actually that was the one, I only ever glanced at it… Guess it wasnt a clamshell style holder like NESE is.

1 Like

10s5p will be enough?

I like this maybe for a golf cart modification your thoughts?

Any of you guys get a shipping notification yet from BB (or BCH on those hubs either for that matter?)?

I will say, I’ve done a lot of business with batterhookup in the past, and they’re usually quick and communicative.

2 Likes

Nothing from either. They’re probably real fed up with us.

1 Like

True, we aren’t easy to love are we? :sob:

1 Like

3 Likes