Tesla 2170 for esk8

giphy-13

3 Likes

Lol :joy: I knew that was coming :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

For the people who are building packs and are using them before Mooch’s tests. Will you be running them at 15A/cell or something conservative like 10A

2 Likes

30A

jk

jkjk I will hook up a 200A system to see what happens (at 7P 200/7 = 30A)

I realistically will pull under 80A max total so more like 11A I think.

1 Like

@Jujo oh I see the positive caps now, those were added by BigBattery not Tesla. Interesting that they went with more than one kind. Guess they had a supply constraint, or they were running two cap welding machines with each type loaded into it at once.

Wonder if they got the machines on-site or if they outsourced all the cells to one or multiple companies to weld the caps for them.

Can’t imagine a cell cap welder costs all that much from you-know-where

1 Like

Where do I buy this? Is this one worth it?

Edit: the reviews don’t look good. What do y’all use to balance cells before building a pack? This is my first time buying cells that aren’t brand new and pre-balanced.

1 Like

Ya the XTAR stuff is good, I have a 4 bay one from them. What do you mean lol it has 4.7 stars

2 Likes

I tested three and got distracted. They were balanced. I forget the voltage :herb::dash:

6 Likes
5 Likes

@Skyart can you tells how your Skyart 12s6p battery made with Tesla 2170 cells Is doing :call_me_hand:
Pics please :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Only took one brief test ride so far about a mile…battwry dropped from 50.4 to 50.2 volts lol :rofl::rofl: I recomend 8p for these.

7 Likes

that isn’t even a test ride… that’s just making sure you put all the bolts/nuts in.

3 Likes

Is the battery sagging at 8p ? Reason asking is I am in the middle of a 5p pack waiting on nickel from china.

2 Likes

.2v would not be a lot of sag

he was saying how little he used it.

1 Like

oh god now im scared. I have a 12s4p im about to build using these cells. It’s gonna be a urethane board with a lighter rider though.

Lol. You’r worse off than me @4p . Mine will also be on smaller 83mm thane with a light rider.

Luckily for me I made sure the buyer knows that this will be a 60A battery.

Did @Battery_Mooch pass em for 15 amp cells? I was gonna say 40amp for a 4p

Need to do a teardown video to check for internal protection (CID, PTC) and then posting the test results. I haven’t looked at the numbers yet to estimate current rating.

10A/cell will not be too high though and even if rated for higher than this they will run more efficiently at 10A. Running at the rating really steals away the running time.

12 Likes

Ah man, I completely missed this so I run a 10s5p pack of these Tesla cells as well as currently building a 12s4p pack with them right now. On my 5p pack I setup my max battery current to be 100a (20a per), ik this would be pushing the cell quite hard but in esk8 we can rarely draw that much current continuously, and these cells haven’t heated up much despite 38c ambient temperatures I’m running them in. I live in China and these cells are 2.21usd for the ‘Low internal resistance’ ones which makes making packs with them soo economical and for packs with more p groups it’s got enough power.

9 Likes