Tesla 2170 for esk8

He spurned his supplier, who’s now considering hoarding the stuff before Elon jacks the prices. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

5 Likes

all my nickel is being held hostage by that terrorist @fessyfoo we’re sending in the hostage negotiators!!

2 Likes

Has anyone received cells from this guys?
Placed an order over a week ago and no updates on shipping. Email them but never got a response

3 Likes

They should send it out but it took a while.

The chat box works good on their site.

Fyi sale is stock dependent not time.

4 Likes

Ah. Good to know. Thanks for the info brother :love_you_gesture:t3:

2 Likes

This new cell is BIG and chunky

Any guesses on capacity? 10Ah+

(May be closer to 45mm x 75mm)

6 Likes

I love how this is like the maximum size that could still fit under a skateboard/in a hummie cutout, and in a double stack enclosure easily.

10S2P being 450mm x 155?mm x 45mm

2 Likes

Probably way more, just keeping the same chemistry and internal construction it would be around 10 times the internal volume, considering they 2170 cells they already use are close to 5 Ah, this bad boy could have 50 Ah. But I’m certain they will have an improved energy density, people are talking from close to 300 Wh/kg all the way to 350, so from 20% to 40% energy density increase

Maybe the capacity will stay constant at those 50 Ah, but there was a few documents pointing to a higher voltage tolerance electrolytes, just a few tenths of volt higher does wonders to capacity

I have my popcorn ready :smile:

5 Likes

(May be closer to 41mm x 80mm)

2 Likes

what cell is this??

2 Likes

@Fosterqc
https://www.tesla.com/2020shareholdermeeting
Battery day

4 Likes

4680 form factor… that’s a fat battery. Wouldn’t a 12s set up require too much space.

2 Likes

nah really does sound perfect to me for a single stack underboard battery.

3 Likes

Sweet images!

5 Likes

Straight out of the battery day live stream. New form factor, new manufacturing processes, crazy innovation.

10 Likes

Waiting for how heavy these bad boys gonna be. Not that we will see them anytime soon.

5 Likes

“5x energy, 6x power, 16% range”

so approx 20ah cell with 100a continuous discharge? :o

5 Likes

Maybe they will throw some out into the crowd

9 Likes

He said they are being manufactured right now, and they showed manufacturing video. However, I think production release is 1-2 yr.

The cost of the cell manufacturing is down to $1.2/ kwh with their new methods. Pretty insane

12 Likes

two rows of 6 cells
46-50 * 160 * 552

50 * 160 * 555 lets call it

5 Likes