Tenpower INR21700 40TG 4000mAh 45A

Hello, have anyone tested these batteries?
Nkon is selling 130 batteries at 4.05€ /pcs.

I haven’t seen any test results but IMO they can’t be any better than the Samsung 40T3 or Lishen LR2170LA, both of which have a non-continuous 45A factory rating.

Tenpower seems to be a large manufacturer so perhaps the “40T” part of the model number is used to indicate what cell is their competition and what markets they are aiming for? The larger manufacturers, IMO, wouldn’t rewrap cells from other companies so I don’t think this is a 40T rewrap.

7 Likes

Ok thank you! Do you plan to test the 40T by any chance?

Always check the master list of test reports. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

It’s already bookmarked :wink:

1 Like

Tenpower INR21700 40TG datasheet.

5 Likes

According to those discharge graphs that cell performs a bit better than the 40T at high power levels but not as well at lower power levels. Seems like it’s, just my guess though, positioned to be marketed as a 40T alternative…probably at a lower cost.

I’m happy to take the time to test them if someone sends a pair to me here in NYC.

4 Likes

Seems like nkon doesn’t ship to the US

2 Likes

Is it just me os is this a rebadged P42?

1 Like

I doubt it. Tenpower is a huge manufacturer, they don’t need to rewrap cells from other companies. Doing that would also make it more expensive than a factory-wrapped P42A and I don’t think anyone would buy it.

Considering the part number I’m guessing it’s their cell intended to compete with the Samsung 40T.

@Battery_Mooch thanks for your take on this.

1 Like

They haven’t for years for insurance reasoning so we’re stuck getting absolutely destroyed by US vendors. Yay.

So nobody tested these yet? I’m looking to build a pack 20s18p for high discharge (200A continues with 300 peak) So these could be good but i wanted to have a bit more confirmation before ordering…

1 Like