Tenka setup ( VX2 controller doesn’t seem to be paired)

Hello, again, dear skaters! After my last post, I’ve finally finished the battery, and everything seems to be working fine so far (particularly thank you to @b264 for providing the wiring diagram)

However, my problems apparently only just started, since while setting up my focbox tenka, I keep running into the same problem again and again. After motor set up and test (seems to be working), I’ve tried to connect the controller, and currently, it’s been almost 4 hours since I’m on it, and no luck yet…

I’ve read other discussions where other skaters said to update on Vesc took the configuration of the control from “ppm & uart” to “uart”, I’ve done it…but it doesn’t seem to be working, and at this point, I have absolutely no clue what to do!

Can anyone please help me out dealing with a that issue? Preeety please??? :pleading_face:

P.S - I’ve also mentioned weird thing on my remote when its connected, it says “99994 km” in the bottom left corner

1 Like

In addition, I’ve tried switching orange and green wires and now the trip value is set to zero, but the control still doesn’t seem to be working

Is your remote possibly stuck in PLAD MODE?

I am absolutely no help, some one helpful will be along soon . In the meantime I’m hear to entertain/torture you with a bad joke that isn’t helpful.

1 Like

Ah, when I saw notification that someone replied I had hope, this surely not what I was thinking of lol :joy:

But thank and yeah, hopefully someone will save me) If that someone would- I swear I’ll write a super detailed topic about VX2 connection issues and all way to resolve them

1 Like

These guys are awesome, some one will help, sorry it’s not me. Captain shit post AWAY!!

1 Like

Is the radio receiver connected via UART or PWM?

Confused. You mean via VESC Tool? Then, yes I’m settings I’ve chosen UART, not PMM & UART.

If you’re talking about something else…what exactly do you mean ? :sweat_smile:

Take a photo of the wires going from the radio receiver to the ESC and put it here

1 Like

1 Like

I’d contact the esc manufacturer, I’m sure they’ll take good care of you

3 Likes

That’s the thing, esc works fine on testing (at least the motors do) and the remote works (terribly tho) but only when I’m using unity tool

What version is the firmware?

Ooh, that’s a great question…how do I check?

I’m using default unity firmware on Vesc Tool, but when I tried using unity tool it said that the firmware seem to be old and that I need to update it

Do you think I should upload firmware through unity tool and then go back to best tool?

I would avoid using the Unity tool at all

1 Like

Oh, okay, I was just thinking that maybe they have the firmware which is more recent compared to VESC tool

By the way, here are the screenshots of my setup configuration, maybe the problem lies there and I just can’t see it

Need whole screenshots. The entire screen. The things I’m looking for are cut off the sides.

Your computer should have a way to do that without taking an actual photograph of it.

1 Like

Hah,you’re right,I’m guilty :sweat_smile:
Alright, gimme a minute

1 Like