Tech requests for Jeff from neoONE (Merged Topic)

This!

1688 is chinese alibaba. But need speak Chinese and have China address.

4 Likes

Taobao also show western version if visit outside China.

1 Like

that I knew it but I can see the Chinese one, and I have friends that can collect parcel for me :relaxed:

Thanks for all the info

Glad to see that the last expensive items I got from Alibaba are at similar price on 1688 :sweat_smile:

peak of western IP address for 1688 website :laughing:

You need speak to supplier first to talk price. Not for pay website price.

1 Like

yeh I included the transaction as well. Probably it will end up a bit cheaper but I thought way more gap. What increases a lot the price is the shipping but that can not be avoid.

last baby coming :partying_face:

I removed all the battery ecc…I am mainly interested in the frame only. here is where I want to use your dual 20s ESC

5 Likes

better hurry
jess, torqueboards, shaman are all pretty much where you’re at

They are making VESC based stuff.

I’m writing new firmware from scratch that doesn’t have problems.

I.e. implementing my own motor control and user interface algorithm

No more vesc tool, we are getting something better.

13 Likes

jeff’s isn’t VESC based

edit:
his focbox clones are, but not his “serious” 20s esc

1 Like

Thats is a very bold statement considering vesctool has iterated over a 6 year span. How many years did you put in so far?

6 Likes

The man is genius that’s for sure! But I guess the proof is in the pudding.
Have more or less sent thousands of messages back and forth for the past 10 months or so.

3 Likes

What is the meaning behind 1688 numbers?

Because it sound like alibaba in mandarin. 1688 is also good number in China.

7 Likes

tech request for you @jeffwuneo

remote controlled disc-brakes on the front truck with adjustable braking ratio front/back (motor in the back brakes together with discs in the front), incorporated support into your new esc (non vesc one)

im only half serious with this because i realize its a huge endavour, but it would be kind of a wet dream :joy:

4 Likes

If u want to have brakes if ur esc cuts out just go dual esc or have trampa trucks with brakes not connected via possible failure point

4 Likes

mind blown. I only just realised.

6 Likes

I literally just thought of something like this. It would be revolutionary for esk8 and our boards would come a step closer to small electric cars I guess :rofl:

this is definetly cool :heart:

but i was more thinking towards regular use, strong brakes in the front would be pretty cool, and i just dont fancy 4wd which would be another solution for this… pretty niche i guess :confused:

For those non mandarin speakers that are interested

yi liu ba ba

7 Likes