TB110: Arctic Blue (Serious)

help me with the most important decision in my life,
what color should i try to dye the wheels ?

• red - could end up purple, worst case magenta - pink would be cool but unlikely
  • black - take no risks, either dark blue or black
  • differend suggestion - ill post a cooler solution below

0 voters

1 Like

Make yourself some 110mm 74A Boas.

2 Likes

that would be cool, but i think its almost impossible it will turn out straight red

2 Likes

Boawheels just aint delivering the goods, so this might be the only solution!

1 Like

i guess its allready decided then - if i manage to get them purple ill be one happy puppy

here is the tool i found to see possible outcomes:

1 Like

If all goes well you’ll end up with a purple wheel with red core

Basically a translucent version of this images

5 Likes

that would be great , any chance you wanna help me select a dye sempai ? im a bit baffled with the limited red choices on rit

https://store.ritdye.com/liquid-dye/

i was thinking of getting black too, for “post production” after i have the result for red , incase all goes south :stuck_out_tongue:

Get the ones for synthetics.

I believe @visnu777 tried the normal ones on Centrax wheels and they didnt become fully black. The synthetics ones are better for… fake fabrics haha, and plastics etc. I used the black dye for my caguamas and they’re good.

3 Likes

I like red, cause I like purple.

Have you thought about only dying half of the wheel? I’d love to see what it looks like with half and half wheels at stop, strobing while getting up to speed and just a blur of blueish purple at full speed.

I also learned recently that the longer you keep stuff in the dye the darker it gets lol. I usually only use black for my functional nylon prints, but I tried light blue recently and kept it in a bit long to make sure it seeped in and it turned dark dark blue.

3 Likes

if it wasnt for me hating blue so much, i would definetly give it a try :thinking:
im not sure if i can handle myself dying the whole wheel and then in a second run only half of it, im too insecure with all this because im doin in the first time

i figured the result would have something to do with the time i let it sit inside the dye, so far i imagined i would just regularly lift the wheels out and check how its looking, until im satisfied with the result

2 Likes

how are the cags holding up so far? Don’t they wear down and show the original color?

Yea, mine started to become dark blue than a full black. Having the wheels submerged longer does help penetrate more.

6 Likes

If you fail to dye your wheels the color you want you can always just dye them black after
L.

2 Likes

thats the plan my man :heart:

i allready see myself checking back on the color for 24 hours :joy:

1 Like

A navy blue would be sweet. Excited to get my wheels!

2 Likes

My god there’s so much thane. Beautiful.

25 Likes

How to invite a home invasion.

8 Likes

Ah that blueeee is so niceeee. :ok_hand: Thats hot. Brings back my love of blue and rivals my love of purple.
tenor

7 Likes

Hello! European market!
not fair…

1 Like