Tayto Tail Guard

then I need to find some company in HK to do it, also shoot me the file please. I will see if anyone in HK is willing to do it in clear :bowing_man:t2:

1 Like

I’ve been looking at the skid plates here. Surely one of these would work? But I am not sure how to measure and estimate.

1 Like

It’s just a BKB Tayto with customizations. The tail pick is just screwed onto the tail and the light is just an iwonder skateboard light.

1 Like

thread is making me want a tayto :crazy_face:

@kfred @frame

Again full disclosure: I have not yet printed it fully nor did i mount it.

Tayto tail guard.stl (70.8 KB)

4 Likes

Has anyone tested it?

2 Likes

Nah, but I need one, will print up later tonight.
Thanks for the reminder!

2 Likes

Haven’t tested or installed yet but I have one and the measurements are great. I have no reason to suspect any issues.

Profile is good! I would go a little thicker but leave the screws where they are so they’re inset to allow some wear b4 it reaches the screws.

1 Like

Looks good! I increased the height above the screws by ~1.5mm and ~2mm. Maybe have a look how they work out.

Tayto tailguard extended 2mm.stl (55.7 KB)
Tayto tailguard extended 1.5mm.stl (55.7 KB)

1 Like

Will do, I’ll get it printed up today/tomorrow.

1 Like

Can you share a bit on how you mounted this? Did you use sex bolts?

1 Like

I haven’t mounted it yet, but yeah sex bolts or similar would be preferable over inserts. If the top of deck is finished or skinned I’d do inserts and epoxy them in.

1 Like

Thanks, I think I’ll go sex bolts since I’m just using standard grip on the top. Do you happen to know what those wide top hex screws are called that you used in your photo?

1 Like

There were none in the pic, but flanged button head is what I plan on using. Think I’ll go M5 for a bit of strength

1 Like