Tailbone protection is wrong!?

Someone selling snowboarding and bike protection for years told me that shorts with tailbone protection pad is wrong cause it might increase the chance of breaking the tailbone because it will push on the tailbone and wont let the butt or buttock absord the shock if the pad is only over the tailbone.

He told me we need pads over the bottock but not over the tailbone to actually protect it. I am sorry I do not talk often about bump, butt or buttock in english so my choice of words might be wrond but I think you will understand…

I think it makes sense! Do you agree with what he says?

Any suggestion for tailbone and hip protection shorts?

Thank you!!

3 Likes

I agree with the idea that you should pad the butt but not the tailbone. If you pad the butt, the tailbone has less of a chance of getting hit.

I personally don’t wear any sort of padded shorts or pants for boarding, but that’s just me. I know Lazyrolling has some offerings but I think most people prefer more normal pants and then either body armor or kneepads.

2 Likes

I can assure you that it’s good.

5 Likes

lazyrolling pants without the hip pads and some impact shorts underneath would offer some really good lower protection.

2 Likes

I’ve been tempted to grab crash shorts for snowboarding for quite a while. I’ve never really fallen on my butt on esk8 though. It’s always the leading shoulder/hip/knee/elbow that takes the brunt of a bail.

The theory makes some sense, will keep in mind if I ever go that route.

2 Likes

I agree that I never fall on butt to while skateboarding but with staps while mountain boarding will probable increase thé chances of breaking a talebone…

3 Likes

Nice suggestion but i am trying to fond shorts because I will use thème mostly during Sumner.

2 Likes

Don’t need tailbone protection wit a dump truck azz

2 Likes

If u land on a padded ass you’ll be less hurt than unpadded

This woman needs no pad.

2 Likes

Maybe I could just get a nice butt enhancer!

6 Likes

Me, every single time I click on this thread thinking it’s about tailbones.

But it’s not about tailbones (kicktail scrape protectors) it’s about tailbones (human anatomy)

One day, I’m going to remember that this thread isn’t about tailbones.

7 Likes

Can Someone as this to the title :peach:?

3 Likes

3 Likes