T-Race - Global electric race challenge

Just a quick tip. I use a 50 meter measuring tape. I picked up a simple one for ~$8. It gets the job done just fine and makes the T-Race setup a whole lot easier.

7 Likes

Top 5

1. Mario Chacon 12.81 Prototype V-5
  2. Morgan Brady 13.84 #007 V-5
  3. @fessyfoo 13.93 #003 V-5
  4. David Bonde 14.79 SRB 3-link DIY AWD
  5. Ron Galiano 15.29 SRB 3-link Jontar AWD

https://t-raceglobal.com/

8 Likes

Whoa this looks fun! I need to set this up. If I donā€™t have a lap timer setup, does a significant other with a stop watch suffice?

7 Likes

That would work. But check the LapTracker app. That would give you precise timing very cheap. Three timing systems - an overview

Cant wait to get your name on the list :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This guy?

3 Likes

Nahā€¦ this one:

Should be available on android as well.

2 Likes

Perhaps no android version then, it absolutely will not search up for me :expressionless:

3 Likes

mmmā€¦ maybe you are right. I was certain it was available for android as well. What a bummer.

Maybe this helps:

https://baixarapk.gratis/pt/app/691114189/laptracker-auto-timer

Last link does look a bit dodgy though :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone using an insta 360 with the GPS remote for timing? Would it work ok? Itā€™s 10hz per second

I havet used video with gps to time my laps yet. But I think it would work. You need to feed RaceChrono the video after the sessionā€¦ I think.

2 Likes

@davidbonde, in cases where there are multiple people at the same track, is it generally the case that they are taking solo turns on the t-track to log times or that there are simultaneous racers and if so, how many can practically be on at the same time given the current t-track dimensions?

I typically have five to ten on the track at a time. They go in and out of the track as they like and it seems its no problem finding space to give to your best. People also do solo rounds on the track and we time it so we are sure no one gets disturbed in their run.

1 Like

Geez i reckon three on track is busy, especially if trying to do best 3 lap times.

Weā€™ve had 5 going at once but people get in the way and disrupt the flow IME.

1 Like

Seems like if people start at the same time then with more than 4 or 5 there might be traffic jams at the corners but if people have staggered starts it will allow a lot more people on at the same time.

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦ its not good to start them at the same time. Needs to be an in and out of the track when they find a place. People normally take a few rounds and then a break to see times and just to recover.
T-race is not ideal for head to head race. It works best ā€œjustā€ timing people.

2 Likes

This is where creativity makes your balls shineā€¦ Or crash :eyes:

Very Interesting occurrence is that timed runs and shoulder to shoulder attacks arenā€™t paced the same at all.

4 Likes

That should do. Bit of velcro tape and good to go haha

Now Iā€™ve finally got a lap monitor of my own Iā€™ll be getting some T-race sessions in again very soon!

I also ordered a Race Box Mini S on pre-order so can get some accurate data of my laps in Race Chrono.

Would love to see some more folks have a go, particularly the new 3-lap challenge too!

Calling out a few of the East Coast peeps to get some times on the board for that part of Australia. It seems thereā€™s only WA representing for Oz.
@Tony_Stark @JesseM @sugandese all with some killer boards (Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more Iā€™m missing so tag away!!).

7 Likes

Beautiful! Timing systems make things so much more fun.
Weather are finally going my way here, and will be giving T-Race some attention again.

I also have a plan of making an online Wolrd Championship weekend. One weekend where we all can do one or more sessions, and report times and we will crown the Champions.

3 Likes

Yes, this sounds awesome!

2 Likes

Just trying to figure out to get the GoPro to work with race chrono then Iā€™m on it. And yeah east coast sucks right now, everytime I see the events you guys run over there it makes me sad inside.

2 Likes